Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    dshaiko

MPC6000 low toner density

Maybe someone can give me some tip how to maintain high black toner density in this model.

After 25000 copy the back toner density became grey.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Use only OEM toner/
    Check Vsp and Vsg to see what the machine is judging. Make sure 2801 was run at setup
    Look in the hopper and see if its full.
    Increase the toner clutch on time.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar
    Is it being calibrated during the 25k copies? If not, try that.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    Use only OEM toner
    As this uses a toner/dev mix, this is very sound advice indeed!

Technician

Try SP3820-2. exe density adjust.

This has worked for me on several occasions.
    So has dumping the dev .

meno
    While 3820-2 is a good remedy for the light copy, I was advised by tech service to be very careful how many times you do this. My experience is more than 2 and you risk toner mess all through the machine.

Before doing 3820-2, check your readings of the TD sensor in 3001 for each color, and compare them with 3003. They should be close to each other. The lower the number, the higher the toner density the machine thinks it has. I have seen black at a low number, but the density is low. 3002 has additional data to check. You should read about these data programs in the Service Tables. Getting a feel for what the data is and what the density is can be key in deciding to use 3820-2 or dump developer and start over. I have seen conditions caused by the belt transfer roller having poor connection in its bushing. I have begun using conductive grease on them to help give a constant electrical connection. If they are erratic enough, it can cause overtoning of the developer at times. I tend to believe this will contribute to developer crash which will cause light image in any of the 4 colors. Crashed developer will typically have low data in 3003 1-4 with light image in the affected color. A good test for crashed developer is to turn the mag roller by hand and watch for toner cloud at the opening (not an easy thing to do on this machine as the magnet needs to be held at the image position when turning the roller). Cloud present, change the developer. Toning it up will only give you a dirty machine with lots of vacuuming to do.

Something else which can throw you off is if you are making image from the glass with the default Ricoh settings for black, the image will be "gray". Set your type of image settings from Text/Photo to text only when using the glass to prevent this from giving you a false sense of low toner density. You will find in the default setting, printed documents will be denser than copies from glass.

There is another service program, 3531, which I have discovered, but not been messing with yet. It indicates printed images can be darkened with this. No one at tech service that I have approached about this has had any experience. Anyone out there messed with this?