Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MP6500 sc590

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aabarnes1 View Post
    I reported that when I replaced the sensor and cleaned out the brass bushing behind the half dollar wheel the machine worked fine -and still is. It's a very high volume machine and we haven't been back to it since. I am however going back to an sc124 on a 551 any views on this

Re your ADF551 problem, Check out RTBs 9b and 26 on RUK TESSA (See excerpts attached).

This machine suffered from scanner crashing due to faulty MCU boards and DCPSU.

Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    Re your ADF551 problem, Check out RTBs 9b and 26 on RUK TESSA (See excerpts attached).

This machine suffered from scanner crashing due to faulty MCU boards and DCPSU.

...... attached (!)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar
    Thanks for that, I saw that rtb. One thing I did notice with the machine was how much it moved when copying and scanning simultaneously. As it's on that industrial carpet stuff I decided to apply the stabilizers to restrict movement. I stayed with the customer for an hour while approx 350 scans were made and no sc124. If it comes in again I'll have to go with the rtb. However trying to convince our service manager to buy a board on the stregnth of a Ricoh rtb is a challenge I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    You should at least check the scanner pulley set screw. It is easy to check, and is a very common problem on that model. If it is loose or broken you will get excessive movement (slamming of the scanner).
    Don't take that toner with me!

Quote Originally Posted by aabarnes1 View Post
    Thanks for that, I saw that rtb. One thing I did notice with the machine was how much it moved when copying and scanning simultaneously. As it's on that industrial carpet stuff I decided to apply the stabilizers to restrict movement. I stayed with the customer for an hour while approx 350 scans were made and no sc124. If it comes in again I'll have to go with the rtb. However trying to convince our service manager to buy a board on the stregnth of a Ricoh rtb is a challenge I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy!!

Hell of a choice!

Wrath of the Manager, or re stringing The scanner on an AF551!!!

Ist thing to do is check the serial number against the cut off on the RTBs

2nd, invest in the modified (Hardened) scanner screws, less likely to shear.

3rd, check the internal cover to the right hand side of the lens block cover for signs of damage, will indicate if the scanner has crashed at all.

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Remove rear covers - look up into the area where the thin drive belt drives the cam that runs the recylce tube from the transfer assy - there is a photo-sensor that monitors the rotation of the cam - I have found that this sensor becomes dirty causing the machine to falsely detect that the cam is not turning when actually it is - the machine codes being that it detects the cam is stationary as if the system is blocked up. This sensor is extremely difficult to see - you need to look from the floor up to see it -once you locate the cam (about size of half-dollar coin) you'll see the sensor located beneath it - using canned air blow out the sensor - if you are not familiar with cleaning this sensor it will be difficult to see at first - once the sensor is cleared of dust and dirt the problem should clear.

Caveman
    Good answer...and in 99% of the time this sensor is dirty and you will see a SC495.
    For your code SC590 if everything looks OK in the vertical transport (if the transport screw it's not damaged - see TSB 001) replace the push switches (AW50 0023). I saw the problem many times...waste toner covering those switches and SC 590 shows on the screen. Also responsible for this code could be the 2 sensors (AW02 0145) on your vertical waste toner transport. Good luck.

omega

Thumbs up Re: MP6500 sc590

Hi,

there are three sensors in toner recycling unit to the waste toner bottle,
    1st from the transfer belt unit waste toner tube.
    2nd from the developer unit waste toner tube.
    3rd from the entrance of the waste toner bottle tube.
    you have to reach to this sensors by opening back cover.

check all this 3 sensors and verify if they are in home position.

Good hunting.