Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP6500 sc590

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar

Question MP6500 sc590

This call came in again for my attention this afternoon. I can tell you on the last visit the whole toner recycling system was cleaned out and all motors/tubes/augers and belts observed and were working correctly. All sensors cleaned and the latest appropriate firmware on the machine. There is no strain on any of the motors or gears and the toner recycling motor has been swapped with a good one. And no the toner bottle is not full! Any clues out there

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    Was the toner system clogged on your last visit? Perhaps you have a coil that is damaged and clogging the system again?

Cleaning the sensors in the recycle unit doesn't always do the trick...you may have one that is bad. I had a few.

If the engine firmware is 1.08 or above, the sensors are good, no problems with the coils and you're sure there is are no drive problems the next step unfortunately is the BCU.

I would re-seat all the connectors on the BCU first. Had more than one instance where this has fixed a multitude of problems.

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.

Technician

SC590

Maybe a dud connection somewhere back to the I/O board or a Dud I/O board perhaps? A faulty motor or sensor?

Only guessing I'm afraid.
    Good luck mate.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Remove rear covers - look up into the area where the thin drive belt drives the cam that runs the recylce tube from the transfer assy - there is a photo-sensor that monitors the rotation of the cam - I have found that this sensor becomes dirty causing the machine to falsely detect that the cam is not turning when actually it is - the machine codes being that it detects the cam is stationary as if the system is blocked up. This sensor is extremely difficult to see - you need to look from the floor up to see it -once you locate the cam (about size of half-dollar coin) you'll see the sensor located beneath it - using canned air blow out the sensor - if you are not familiar with cleaning this sensor it will be difficult to see at first - once the sensor is cleared of dust and dirt the problem should clear.

Caveman

Thumbs up sc590

Thanx lads, Caveman you were nearly right. As I had said all motors,tubes,sensors etc were clean including the 1 you highlighted, (I'M actually very familiar with that particular sensor as we have a lot of these sc's due to damp weather). The problem was actually a combination of a dry joint on the sensor pcb and the brass bushing that sits behind the half dollar wheel you mentioned was seized up with hard toner. Replaced sensor and cleaned bushing- working like a dream

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Check section 6.8.10 in the service manual.

First diagram, Item D.

Remove the coil from the unit and check the weld between the coil and the shaft.

I went to a Tech call which was throwing up sc 590 and the weld was broken, causing a similar problem.

Hope this helps

possible confusion sc590 for sc495 in manual ?

According to my experience sc590 comes instead sc495 because dirty sensor F.

Its easy to check it - try unplug sensor E and print - SC495 is comming immediately. I spent ages before I found it. All pipes cleaned, drive OK, gears, coils etc.

All the best
    P.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ppetr View Post

According to my experience sc590 comes instead sc495 because dirty sensor F.

Its easy to check it - try unplug sensor E and print - SC495 is comming immediately. I spent ages before I found it. All pipes cleaned, drive OK, gears, coils etc.

All the best
    P.
    We seem to be suggesting the same area may be the problem!

Strip out the unit behind the WTB abd check the auger! If broken it will cause the code to return when the transfer auger backs up. This fooled us for some time (see my previous post) and kept coming back every week after cleaning the recycling.

I reported that when I replaced the sensor and cleaned out the brass bushing behind the half dollar wheel the machine worked fine -and still is. It's a very high volume machine and we haven't been back to it since. I am however going back to an sc124 on a 551 any views on this

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Check the scanner pulley set screw. They back out or break.
    Don't take that toner with me!