Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Are you using the right screwdriver?

    Lagonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,620
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Are you using the right screwdriver?

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Yes 39 lashes!
    Only 39? That's being very lenient
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

  2. #62
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    3,424
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Are you using the right screwdriver?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Only 39? That's being very lenient
    Jip only 39. In Roman times 39 was the absolute maximum lashes. Depending if the sentence was death.
    They reckoned probably by trail and error that 40 lashes is enough to kill someone and if the 40th did not kill then they did not do it right...
    40 – 1 = 39 Lashes | lovepeacetruth
    Whatever

  3. #63
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Are you using the right screwdriver?

    Do you experience the eliptical movement of a screw with your proposed e-screwdriver?
    Mark, no I don't. I replaced the long tip with a shorter 50mm tip which is easier to line up and no problem. Honestly, I have tried the bigger Bosch and B&D type ones that others have said stripped threads, but they are way higher torques, and bigger and bulkier, this one feels ideal for photocopier work, the bulb shaped top cups nicely into the palm of your hand. If you crossthread a screw, which can happen even on a manual screwdriver, you can feel it straight away and just back out. Its only 2 nm torque. Honestly, I have found it indespencible since I got it. Have you never had times when you are starring at the back cover of a machine and thinking "oh God, I've got to get all this stuff off ! " ? Thats when this little beauty comes in handy.

  4. #64
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    884
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Are you using the right screwdriver?

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Jip only 39. In Roman times 39 was the absolute maximum lashes. Depending if the sentence was death.
    They reckoned probably by trail and error that 40 lashes is enough to kill someone and if the 40th did not kill then they did not do it right...
    40 1 = 39 Lashes | lovepeacetruth
    Did you know that crucifixion was not done on the cross we know so well (that is far to heavy to carry) but on a X shaped cross.
    Thus was the victim dying much slower!

  5. #65
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    884
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Are you using the right screwdriver?

    Quote Originally Posted by andy227 View Post
    Mark, no I don't. I replaced the long tip with a shorter 50mm tip which is easier to line up and no problem. Honestly, I have tried the bigger Bosch and B&D type ones that others have said stripped threads, but they are way higher torques, and bigger and bulkier, this one feels ideal for photocopier work, the bulb shaped top cups nicely into the palm of your hand. If you crossthread a screw, which can happen even on a manual screwdriver, you can feel it straight away and just back out. Its only 2 nm torque. Honestly, I have found it indespencible since I got it. Have you never had times when you are starring at the back cover of a machine and thinking "oh God, I've got to get all this stuff off ! " ? Thats when this little beauty comes in handy.
    @ Andy: is the bit magnetic?
    The cross is called "sint andreas"

  6. #66
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    3,188
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: Are you using the right screwdriver?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    I have tried an electrical screwdriver recently and the problem was to align the screw in the hole when tighting. Even at very low turning speed the movement of the screw was elliptical, so almost impossible to centrate it and causing damage.
    But for loosen a screw it is a real convenience!!! Need to say that this e-screwdriver i used was heavy and long, so difficult to centrate the screw. The one you propose seems to be short and lighter, so it might workout fine.
    Do you experience the eliptical movement of a screw with your proposed e-screwdriver?

    Re. Thread damage.

    All previously bedded screws(and nuts) whether fixing wood,plastic,metal or diamond are wound backwards until they drop into the hole.
    If if you want to cut another entirely different thread path into the same screw hole, then use any forced assisted torque driver to damage the previous thread.

    Best method to find the start of any thread is to wind the screw,nut or bolt backwards until you feel it drop into the hole. Only start to wind forward when the thread has dropped into the hole.

    Moral of the story...
    Always start a thread one or two turns "FIRST" before using any torque driver to fix firm. This includes nuts driven onto studs and bolts using rattle guns or impact drivers.
    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

  7. #67
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    3,188
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: Are you using the right screwdriver?

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Yes 39 lashes!

    There's a beer label called 50 Lashes... Nice beer not a bad drop....
    I've had one or two "Fifty Lashes" beers over the holiday break....

    Whip me beat me....
    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

  8. #68
    Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Are you using the right screwdriver?

    ZOOTECH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Insane Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,128
    Rep Power
    89

    Re: Are you using the right screwdriver?

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    There's a beer label called 50 Lashes... Nice beer not a bad drop....
    I've had one or two "Fifty Lashes" beers over the holiday break....

    Whip me beat me....
    Come on - one or two? 'fess up! If I can find "Fifty Lashes", I'll give it a try.🍺
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

  9. #69
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    3,424
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Are you using the right screwdriver?

    Nothing beats FAXE 10%. Tastes like beer but stronger...
    Makes you strong after the first one.
    MIN_203603_CSA.jpg
    Drink like a Viking...
    Drunk like a sailor.
    Then ask yourself are you using the right screwdriver?
    Whatever

  10. #70
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Are you using the right screwdriver?

    @ Andy: is the bit magnetic?
    Mark, yes, the original longer tip supplied with it is, the replacement shorter 50mm one I put on wasn't and I just magnetised it. On the link I posted, there is also a video clip but here is the direct link to the video. Personally, I wouldn't use it for driving woodscrews like the video, I don't think its got enough horse power, but found it ideal for the photocopier screws.

    YouTube

    When I got it a couple of months ago, I wanted a small and practical one to fit in a photocopier tech's toolbag, and to work well on the type of screws we drive. Personally, I ain't been dissapointed. This is a picture of it with the smaller tip, in the palm of my hand. Forgot to mention, the dark grey area of the handle is a soft rubberised grip material, feels nice in the hand.

    IMG_2562.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by andy227; 01-06-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here