Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    BLEVE

Savin 2824/ Afficio 3235C Multiple error codes after several hours

I have searched these forums for possible solutions and have it narrowed down to either the controller board or the HDD. Here is what is happening and what I have done. Everyhting is fine after power up initially, after several hours (during which device enters power save) device shows an SC672 error. I have entered service mode and re-formatted HDD (SP5832, followed by SP5853) and then re-booted does not clear error, and usually, but not every time get another error SC141-01. Power down device let it sit for several hours and everything is fine again, until several hours pass. I have not tried just disconnecting HDD and powering up nor have I done a loop back test on the controller. If someone has the pin out for the lop back device I can build one, but wnated to get more feed back here first.
    The time factor leads me to believe heat may be a factor but not sure that enough heat is building up to be a factor, as eerything seems to be at worst just warm to the touch. Anyone have any ideas?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Reseat the DIMMS in the controller. Try another controller. SC141 does not compute.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

BLEVE
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have reseated the DIMM and am waiting to see if that worked. Now I have a bizarre question, I do not have a spare controller board but have asked Ricoh for price and availability for a replacement. The part number I have and believe is correct is B180 5998. Ok here is where I get bizarre, the price is $28, now with all the discussion in other threads about horrrendous Ricoh parts prices it seems way to inexpensive. Am I just lokking a gift horse in the face or could I have the wrong part number?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

That number is a pc of metal on the housing. The controller is B202-5780 for the 28cpm; B178-5780 for the 35 and B202-5780 for the 45 cpm. Instead of buying a new one which is probobly upwards of 7-800 bucks, call Hy-tec Repair in Fla or Tec-west in CA. Hy-tec took over the board repair for Ricoh when they stopped.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+