Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ricoh 1055

Service Manager 250+ Posts hodgiepodgie's Avatar
    yep its a dirty job i agree with all.yes and i believe this has the pully drive as stated above check that, gears will get toner build up causing slippage. clean out the entire toner system or you might be back.

TheCopierGuy

Cleaned Out The System but.......

I cleaned out the system, and now that machine does not power up...I followed the instructions on the service manual and feel that I did everything correctly. Now, the unit fails to power up!!!

What a terrible week this has been!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Not to offend, but most likely something you did while in there. Connector left unplugged, etc. Unless you truly are having a bad week and the power supply really did cr*p out on you.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 1055

I've had a board die on me while servicing the machine, but shot myself in the foot more times than I care to count - come to think of it, I probably zapped the board, so it all amounts to the same thing. Sorry Dude - I'll drink a beer for you tonight.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts
    Whenever I get this code I always replace the diaphragm pump located down near the paper feed board. If you pull out the "gun" and it's absolutely packed out with hard toner, then replace the air pump as well, otherwise you could well be back next week for a repeat performance,

Usually these things crap out either by the diaphagm splitting (look for toner leakage around the space between the PFB and power supply) or the motor biting the dust.

The purpose of that motor is to blow the recycled toner back up the white pipe up to the dev unit, if the motor isn't working then toner is just going to build up again in the waste assembly. The machine might do an extra hundred or so copies before the waste gets packed up enough to cause SC495 again.

If the machine is dead after you've been fettling around, I wonder if you reconnected the thick cable at the LHS of the BICU board, the one that runs down the vertical piece of frame in front of the drum flywheel ("front" as you are looking at it from the rear of the machine)

Technician

Update

I cleaned the system out, yet forgot to clean diaphragm pump located down near the paper feed board. The so called "gun" was packed with hard toner, causing the machine to continue to code up SC-495.

The reason the unit was not powering up was because I forgot to reconnect the "thick cable at the LHS of the BICU board."

Thank you all for your help hopefully this post will help others, should this problem arise. Remember don't forget to reconnect the "BICU Cable" otherwise the unit will not power up!

Technician
    BTW if you ever get any fuser jams for no apparent reason the machine is probably about to go into a 495, also I forgot to plug that same cable in about a week ago lol

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

Foot note

I know this fault has been sorted, but thought I'd add something. I have a machine that pops this code out. I remember reading a bulletin about the wrong error code showing up, haven't got details to hand. I found that the Sensor on the back of the machine where the waste toner leaves the pcu, where the pulley and right-angled belt is, gets very dirty. It seems the toner leaks through a huge gap between the recepticle and the frame. This then coats the sensor with toner, I have physically removed the sensor board from its black housing and the diodes are coated in toner. Once I strip this out and clean it, it works perfectly. Just a thought.....