Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    I just replaced a pressure roller in one of these yesterday at about 489,000 clicks. Heat tube looks like it's almost brand new. If the web assembly is a nightmare of overengineering, then the disassembly of the fuser to get to either of the rollers is worse. Too many different types of screws and too many tight corners to fit into.
    For the lousy web, I have a complete web in the box ready to go thanks to a fused set screw on the first one I did. Now I just swap out the one needing replacement with the complete one and then rebuild at my leisure in the office or in a controlled environment. It makes it a lot easier than trying to pry off E-clips in a customer's office or on a table with a floor that somehow always seems to hide those clips when they fall!
    I also did my first updated developer unit about three weeks ago, on the same machine no less, and it still has pretty good copy quality. I hope once the new toner makes its way out to customer sites that it will also improve the output. I'm beginning to think though that Ricoh is 'Chinese Democracy-ing' us on this toner: it will be out at some point in the next fifteen years right?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    The Much Maligned MP4000/5000

Check the cost on the entire web assembly - for us the difference in price is not worth the time to have a tech rebuild it given our load rating. A lot of them have to be replaced anyway because of the screwy set screws. Hopefully the replacements have been updated, but its not really an issue for us. You should also go into sp1902 and crank up the drive interval and crank down the drive time I been experimenting around 15 and 1.5 - really extends the life of the web, still runs clean, and the darn thing stays lubed with all that wax in the puked toner anyway...
    73 DE W5SSJ

The cleaning roller and bushings from the 1055 are too big. No room to add the springs. Going back, we did run one of the analog machines minus the cleaning roller and that self stick blade they had and those were 55/70 cpm machines. The press cleaning roller should be up to it though. Add to that the previous 35/45 series has had no hot roller cleaning at all. I do like the web timing choice as well, the webs are not that dirty anyhow (imagine that).
    Kittens give Morbo gas.

A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Llama God View Post
    I went to look at a jamming problem on an MP5000 today and, for a change, I'd like to say something positive.

It had the new dev unit with the coated mag roller and a PCU installed, under warranty, at roughly 240k after much buggering about with temporary mods and more devs than I care to remember. It then had a drum and blade (not done by me, I hasten to add) at 420k.

Today, having churned out some 469k, the machine has eventually decided that it would like a fuser and transfer service and the copy quality is smart as a dart. It's had a web or two of course, and what a job they are, but I can't grumble at that.

Despite the PM cycle being 160k, can I be the first (and maybe last) to say that these machines aren't always the piles of turd which they're made out to be? Ok, we had all sorts of problems with them shortly after launch but, touchwood, maybe the worst is over. Any machine which can treble its PM cycle on fuser parts can't be all bad, can it?
    I had one MP4000 ran from new to 149985 copies for the 1 st service call : Fuser web call. I go ahead do PM, when I open the drum. I am supprised because the drum unit so cleaned, 2 white gear inside barely dirty.Copy quality fair. Mag roller ofcourse coated with black wax. all SP are at default.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    For what it's worth, we ordered MP4500 toner yesterday and there is now a new number, 841346 (old # 884922). Since the MP35000/4500 has the same toner issues as the MP4000/5000 I thought I'd post here. I don't know anything more at this point other than there is a new number.
    Come on Fulham!

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zico21 View Post
    there is now a new number, 841346 (old # 884922).
    Interesting stuff. I'll have to see about ordering some. I'm going to guess there will be an initial rush on the toner and it will be on back order. '
    Thanks Ricoh.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Also, we have to replace the developer too. And it needs to be the new type.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    Also, we have to replace the developer too. And it needs to be the new type.

No Just the Toner thankfully the RTB is already out

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

But the old style developer is mixed with old style toner. That, it seems will muck up the magroll until the new toner gets mixed in.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    But the old style developer is mixed with old style toner. That, it seems will muck up the magroll until the new toner gets mixed in.
    Sky shots