Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Re: The Much Maligned MP4000/5000

ive been using the printer kit pcdu for years, they go over life easily and a couple did over 250k. remove the web unit and you've got a really good box

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    The Much Maligned MP4000/5000

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    ive been using the printer kit pcdu for years, they go over life easily and a couple did over 250k. remove the web unit and you've got a really good box
    What is the part number for the printer kit or at least give me the product code for the printer and I'll look it up myself? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Coachman View Post
    What is the part number for the printer kit or at least give me the product code for the printer and I'll look it up myself? Thanks!!
    402960 from memory. probably a good idea to do half a dozen blank copies to stir the dev through before doing the setup sp's

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Not with OEM toner they don't, and being a RAC (factory) tech we don't have the option of using toner that works. Ricoh has never acknowledged there is a problem with any machine using B296 developer/OEM toner.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Stevo123

Quote Originally Posted by unisys12 View Post
    One question on this though... What will actually clean the hot roller? Usually there's a cleaning roller located behind the oil roller that collects trash off the oil roller. Without that, would that trash do one of two things; 1) be reapplied to the hot roller, or 2) become adhered to the oil roller, which in turn blocks the oil on that area.

I'm not knocking the mod, by no means. I think anything is better than that mad gab garble of crap on the machine now. I mean, even worse case scenario, why couldn't they have at least carried over the web assembly from the B246? Sure it's wider, but how much money do you think was spent designing the unit on this machine now and compare that to how much it would have cost to hold the B246 unit up to the D009 fuser and say, "Ok fellas! Shrink it down this much!"

Sorry... I just had a Charlie Brown moment.
    You are correct Unisys. Almost every machine I have seen this mod on has flat spotted the oil roller resulting in a build up of toner that will eventually trash the hot roller. You're better off just learning to be efficient in replacing the web.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Richariri's Avatar

has anyone got the part numbers for the bushing and one way bearing that you use with the oil roller mod?

I am hoping to test this mod soon as I don't know how cost effective it will really be.
    I don't want to have to rebuild the fuser when I could of just used the cleaning web with a shorter web motor rotation time.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Richariri View Post
    has anyone got the part numbers for the bushing and one way bearing that you use with the oil roller mod?

I am hoping to test this mod soon as I don't know how cost effective it will really be.
    I don't want to have to rebuild the fuser when I could of just used the cleaning web with a shorter web motor rotation time.
    Just follow the mod instructions and use AE040068 or 62 as the original roller AE040051 is no longer available. I have units in the field with a million copies and the fuser roll is still good.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo123 View Post
    You are correct Unisys. Almost every machine I have seen this mod on has flat spotted the oil roller resulting in a build up of toner that will eventually trash the hot roller. You're better off just learning to be efficient in replacing the web.
    Replace or cut the springs as per the mod.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Coachman View Post
    Just follow the mod instructions and use AE040068 or 62 as the original roller AE040051 is no longer available. I have units in the field with a million copies and the fuser roll is still good.
    probably never had a fuser jam or error as well

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

probably never had a fuser jam or error as well
    Actually no fuser jams or errors as a result of this mod....wiseguy