Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar

SC 305 on various models

SC 305 repeated on different machines starting with 2060 and ending with Martini.The code shows even on brand new machines in their first day in the field.
    No other solution then turning off the cleaning mechanism for corona?

Technician
    I carry the motor for these machines in my car since they go out so much. Ricoh uses the same motor for the analog 6645 all the way to the 906 EX (AX04 0061). I am noticing a small decline in quality on some of their other parts as well.

I installed new corona units and next day was the same code. It looks like it happens first hour in the morning when the machine wakes up from sleep mode. If the codes are during the day usually are hidden. Only the morning ones are shown on the display alerting the user.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    It's a long shot and won't explain the multiple hits, but this came up on the UK Knowledgebase.
    SC305. Occurs after replacing charge corona unit.
    Answer [Cause]
    PCU-side quenching lamp has come loose from bracket.
    [Action]
    Return quenching lamp to correct position.

Worth a try?

Thanks for the post tcs04.
    In all the cases this magnificent code is poping out in the morning, even on brand new machines out of the box...not after replacing the corona unit. I tried different approaches to the problem starting like everybody by replacing the cleaning mech motor and after the entire unit. On some machines is working on others no...and continue to be as a hidden code, visible only when you print the SMC report.What is weird is that in the SMC report let's say from 10 codes 7 will have a star at the end and no star. My first thought was that the ones without a star was visible for the user but the answer was the same...no code on the user screen. The official suggestion was to turn of the cleaning future and replace the corona wire and grid sooner than recommended maintenance.
    After I tested multiple used corona units it looks like the cleaning head is rubbing against the rail and the motor it's overloaded (I think) and it won't send the response signal in time.