Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

2232c k toner not loading

toner is not loading. constantly keeps loading toner then after a while it asks to replace the toner cartridge when theres toner already in there. av vacd out all the pipes and the toner supply unit unit and still the same. seems like toner is not dropiing into the dev unit. could it be the pump thts faulty? replaced the dev unit with no effect. is there anything else that i might have missed out?

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    check the RTBs. I think there was something about a problem with the shutter not opening between the pump and the dev unit, but yes, the pump can block / fail.

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    SYMPTOM:
    The toner near end alert shows even if toner remains in the toner cartridge.
    CAUSE:
    When the machine is not used for a long period of time, the air supply bulbs cannot work normally. This
    causes insufficient toner agitation.
    SOLUTION:
    Remove the toner cartridge from the machine and shake it side to side 5 to 6 times. Then put it back in the machine.

Technician
    Hi,

I've had similar on the printer versions & 9 out of 10 times it is the toner pump above the dev unit.
    Had a few where the dev mag roller was not turning due to the dev drive clutch, with this fault there is usually a build up of toner around the toner entrance on the dev unit.

hope this is of help

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    2232c k toner not loading

This is unlikely, but make sure the developer unit is fully seated and engaged - I've put a machine back together several times where the front drum stay didn't tighten down evenly and allowed the dv units to slide out of the drive coupling. Usually happens with the center 2 units, but if the stay is resting on the upper pin then black would be the most likely affected.

I agree it's probably the toner pump - bring a second pair of hands if you can, these can be a booger to change by yourself.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    if changing the pump, also take a set of ribbon cables, they can give all sorts of silly faults after m/c is reassembled.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    May also be clogged toner in the pump or hose, put a vacuum at toner cartridge opening and vacuum the toner out of it but be sure to remove the developer units out or it will vacuum the developer to.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.