Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar
    i agree crashed dv is an issue if it was run dry.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    I would clean out the hopper ( take it apart and vac out the thing) check the mylar shovels in th ehopper, check for clogs in the shaft that feeds the toner, ect... if this dont do it , i agree the dv tank auger could be the issue.
    If I recall, when the auger snapped the toner would deplete at the mag roller but not at the TD sensor, this resultedd in fient copies but the machine did not ask for toner.

If the gears are shot the machine would ask for toner.

Quote Originally Posted by goldencup View Post
    Kindly help us on solving our problem on Aficio270. What happen on the machine is that when the toner sign blinks, you can still produce some copies until it stop because the toner is totally drained because unable to replace the toner bottle immediately. The toner sign stops blinking and the operation panel indicates to open the door and replace new toner cartridge. So when we replace the toner, the the loading toner... appears now and i waited for the machine to stop. When the machine stops, the toner sign is still there and the panel still indicate to replace the toner. I try to open the front door again and reinsert the toner bottle. the loading toner... appears again and so i wait again. still toner sign doesn't disappear. I've done that procedure twice or trice. After waiting for a long time, the toner sign disappear and now ready for use. What worries me is that i don't think this is normal, because doing this may cause overtoning every time adding toner occurs. I've check the toner supply casing- it is okay. The toner motor is okay. What seems to be the problem here?
    Hope you can help us on this. Thank you very much.
    Sir,good day!your problem is in development unit but this kind of model this is a old type,using pcu assy.theres a gear inside the development unit that is your problem worn out already if you can find the gear its better because this kind of model is pcu type goodluck and have a nice day.

Technician

Add toner

I still work on this model the most common problem i run into is bad DV gears
    just open the toner shoot on the PCU and check to see if the opening is pack full of toner that will indicate the gears are bad. you can also run in the service mode 2-220 and see if the ref value is changing this will tell you if the toner hopper is adding toner.

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    Have a look at the shaft that drives the PCU to see if the bit which engages in the PCU is stuck back or the pin that stops the shaft from just spinning has broken.

Technician

Cool

toner motor (Behind toner bottle)