Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MPC 5000

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    The reliability of a machine is often proportional to the IQ of the customer.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless V K View Post
    The reliability of a machine is often proportional to the IQ of the customer.
    I like that!

Taking it a step further: The reliability of a machine is often proportional to the technician's willingness to do a good PM.

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.

bronson_23
    actualy all this MPC 2500, 3500,5000,6000 its all goods, just be aware on its consumables spareparts,

bronson_23
    cont...if ever reach the lifespan of every components or spareparts you have to eplace it according to its lifespan,,such as PCU,Oil suplly roller, developer,,and etc.

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fotocom View Post
    Sometimes I can get a bit confused with these forums.
    I dont know what to think now. You think your making an educated informed decisions but other peoples experiences tend to reveal another story. Thanks again for some of the informed, constructive and helpfull comments.
    However telling me that a particular machine "is a crock of shit", is in no way helpfull, I have no experience working on either the C5000 or C6000 so a little more elaboration on the problems experienced on these machines would be greatley appreciated.
    Maybe "crock of shit" is not the proper terminology but MPC 6000 it's a machine with multiple problems...not yet solved by Ricoh. Starting with banding in midtones, continuing with charge rollers problems and failing to add developer when you try to fill the dev units...this machine will keep you busy. It needs a proper humidity level in the print room or you will be there e very 3 days for various problems related to print quality.
    On the other hand MPC 5000 it's a small good machine....with a great footprint....but it's no way to be able to compare it with a C 6000 if your customer will print over 30K a month.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC 5000

I have a bunch of MPC6000 and MPC7500 machines in the field - Each and every one of them had some sort of failure loading developer or setting up initial process control. That is a pitiful track record for setups, but once you go throught the bulletins to get the machine is running most seem to do O.K. - most common problems I have Black (or some other single color) will go light around 10-20k and be nearly impossible to recover without changing developer. This is a known issue if all steps of the setup did not finish properly, but these machines reported everything was good and ran for quite a while. These failures seem totally random and are actually getting kinda aggrivating.

Charge rollers fail and arc the drums (repeating dot all the way around the drum - almost looks like a perforation line)

Machine won't accept new toner after toner end condition - again there are bulletins about this happening if the initial setup is not done right, but these machines were O.K. and just decided to get bitchy. You either have to change developer or backup the NVRam, Clear the engine, and restore then reinitialize the process controls.

The PCU's are a real booger to rebuild compared to the previous generation.

Fuser life is better, but still doesn't really like heavy stock papers, and the exit jams are still a pain to remove sometimes.

I don't have enough High Volume MPC5000's to be able to tell you to go one way or the other, but it's generally not a good idea to push a color machine over it's max rating.
    73 DE W5SSJ

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Lightbulb

Meh even better... sell them two MPC5000s.

This is what a few of our customers have done on our recommendation instead of going with one larger MFD and it actually works out very well.

Two service contracts ££££.
    Two machines to swap parts around with when troubleshooting.
    Less down time for the customer.

We would rather sell machines that are reliable rather than pushing a larger machine which is known by us for being a pain in the arse.

It's makes for a happier customer and a happier engineer (screw the salesman...lol).
    Last edited by Cipher; 05-21-2009 at 02:57 AM.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I've been trying to get sales to abadoned the MPC6000 series as much as possible. You guys didn't even mention the aluminum inverter guide that gets mangled once a week.

A lot of people that have these are running mostly black anyways so we have be placing Mcp5000's along with an MP6000. Customers are happy, salesman is happy, and most of all I am happy!

Technical Supervisor 50+ Posts
    MPC 5000

Hello,

I am using MP-C4500 with a monthly volume of 30k to 40k without major service calls. But i am not sure about MP-C5000.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MPC4500 should be able to handle that volume just fine as long as you are not killing it on full bleed color. But just printing normal stuff it should keep up no problem.