Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Viperhawke

Gestetner 3255 Error 542

Hi, I just bought a Gestetner 3255 but it gives me a SC542-00 error on first start. This goes away after appearing a few times when first turned on. I just read on this forum that someone had the same issue on a Gestetner 3502. But a clear solution wasn't given. Please let me know how to permanently fix this problem. Also, I could use the service manual to this machine if anyone has it. Through further research I have learned that it is almost identical to the Gestetner 3265, Lanier 5255, Lanier 5265, Ricoh Aficio 550, and the Ricoh Aficio 650. Thank you all in advance and I am glad to have found a community of people who can help me with my new purchase.

Thank you again!

appalanichamy
    Replace the hot roller with light weight (modified part). the roller which is in the m/c will be heavy in weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperhawke View Post
    Hi, I just bought a Gestetner 3255 but it gives me a SC542-00 error on first start. This goes away after appearing a few times when first turned on. I just read on this forum that someone had the same issue on a Gestetner 3502. But a clear solution wasn't given. Please let me know how to permanently fix this problem. Also, I could use the service manual to this machine if anyone has it. Through further research I have learned that it is almost identical to the Gestetner 3265, Lanier 5255, Lanier 5265, Ricoh Aficio 550, and the Ricoh Aficio 650. Thank you all in advance and I am glad to have found a community of people who can help me with my new purchase.

Thank you again!

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Gestetner 3255 Error 542

yeah it might have the wrong roller in it but check the thermistor for good contact on the roller and for excess toner build up on it also.

Viperhawke
    Thanks for the quick responses!

Unfortunately, I have no clue what the parts you guys are talking about are. This is my first machine and I will be learning off of it. Any specific place I could see a diagram or list of parts with what each part does? Again, if anyone has a manual they could send me, please let me know.

Thank you all again!