Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jason_sot

Richo Aficio 1050 - adjusting baud rate & disabling t.38?

I have a ricoh 1050 hooked up to a VoIP line. When we try to fax out to our eFax, we are getting 1/4 pages or losing full pages during transmission.

I was told that we need to lower the baud rating and disable t.38

I understand the baud rating but have no idea what the t.38 means.

Either way, I need to know how to program these two functions. This is nowhere to be found in the manual I found online and does not seem to be in the settings menu anywhere either.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Jason

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    These functions are technical and are located in de SP-mode.
    T38 is a protocol that describes how a fax should be sent over a computer network. So I don't think T38 should be switched off.

With a baudrate of 14k4 and ECM (Error Correction Mode) switched off you should be able to sent/receive faxes over a voip line

E Winter
    you'll need to disable ecm and V.8/V34 and probably lower the tx/rx rates to 14.4 or 9.6

Are you shure that this is a Aficio 1050? I'm not much familiar with these machines but afaik there is no fax module available for these - that'll be an explanation that there is no such informations in the manuals though

jason_sot
    Yeah, it is definitely an aficio 1050. It is a copier/scanner/printer/fax big ol' bad boy

Is there a diagram or can someone explain how to enable SP mode and configure the baud, turn off the ECM, and possibly the V.8/V34 also?

I am pretty unfamiliar with printers and faxes but i am sure i can fumble my way thru if I know where to start.

Thank you to everyone who responded!! You have already been a big help

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    If your customer relies on their faxes (financial or legal company, etc.) I wouldn't use VOIP. Get a dedicated fax line. No matter what settings you change, I can almost guarantee that you will still have errors and/or data dropouts occasionally. Fax is analog data, and when sent VOIP it is being converted to digital, compressed, reconstructed and re-converted to analog. It is definitely not a perfect system.
    Don't take that toner with me!