Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Infotec 52712 Dev replacement

Hi guys, not much experience working on Ricoh machines, but looked at a infotec 52712 (which I think is a ricoh?) today, took it apart etc, cleaned etc, but copies very pale, washed out, im thinking the dev needs replacing, the meter reading is 184962, don`t have the service history of the machine.

Was after some advice if possible, basically, the dev part number, how to get into service, and what service mode to run after dev replacement.

Thanks in advance.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Absolutely no idea what one of those is, from the model number I'd say it's a Russian of some breed. These fella's take an all-in-one PCU that you just slot in and hey presto. Try and find the Ricoh or Gestetner designation as it's not in my manuals or on Google. That'll give me a better idea.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Hi, thanks for the reply, yeah I have just typed it in to google, and it doesn`t come up with a right lot! will have to try and find the ricoh compatable, prob is I dont know Ricoh very well, the machine has a big pull down front cover, transfer belt which is lowered by a handle, toner is in a little bottle, swings out from front, you pull a little lever down and it comes further round, one screw holds in drum unit, which has a charge roller in it, another screw holds the dev unit in.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vedder View Post
    Hi, thanks for the reply, yeah I have just typed it in to google, and it doesn`t come up with a right lot! will have to try and find the ricoh compatable, prob is I dont know Ricoh very well, the machine has a big pull down front cover, transfer belt which is lowered by a handle, toner is in a little bottle, swings out from front, you pull a little lever down and it comes further round, one screw holds in drum unit, which has a charge roller in it, another screw holds the dev unit in.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again
    When you swing the toner bottle out is there a thumbscrew on the panel directly below the bottle and what looks like a metal catch directly below that?

Is there a pronounced curve on the top edge of the front cover?

Does it have a duplex unit balow the drum area and / or an LCT extending to the right of the machine?

If so, this is one of the "Phoenix" type analogue range, possibly an FT4527 or 4027. You may have trouble getting parts for these due to the age of the machine. This was considered a good box in its day with possibly the easiest fuser to service that Ricoh ever produced!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Yup, I agree. Sounds like an old Ricoh analog 4027. You can probably still get PM stuff for it.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless V K View Post
    Yup, I agree. Sounds like an old Ricoh analog 4027. You can probably still get PM stuff for it.
    I don't think we can get OEM parts in the UK now (?)

Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    When you swing the toner bottle out is there a thumbscrew on the panel directly below the bottle and what looks like a metal catch directly below that?

Is there a pronounced curve on the top edge of the front cover?

Does it have a duplex unit balow the drum area and / or an LCT extending to the right of the machine?

If so, this is one of the "Phoenix" type analogue range, possibly an FT4527 or 4027. You may have trouble getting parts for these due to the age of the machine. This was considered a good box in its day with possibly the easiest fuser to service that Ricoh ever produced!

Yeah there was a screw to take off the toner cover, forgot about that one, then you pull a metal lever down and it releases a pin so you can swing the toner round more and remove the dev unit, yes there is a curve on the top edge, thanks for your help guys, at least now I have a ball park area to look, IF I can get a dev for it, is there a service mode to run after I replace it?

Hi, just looked on line and it is a 4027, cheers.

Yeah there was a screw to take off the toner cover, forgot about that one, then you pull a metal lever down and it releases a pin so you can swing the toner round more and remove the dev unit, yes there is a curve on the top edge, thanks for your help guys, at least now I have a ball park area to look, IF I can get a dev for it, is there a service mode to run after I replace it?

Hi, just looked on line and it is a 4027, cheers.
    See attached for info.

Check for leaks from the brown bushes on the ends of the dev unit! Will wreck the Paper feed cluches etc.

Clean the charge roller. Remember it's an analogue machine and dirty chg = pale copies. Run 11 white copies and check SP3103 (Vsp Vsg)

Vsp (patch of toner on drum) should be 1/8 of Vsg (bare drum) reading from the I.D (Image density) sensor on the drum unit. Measured after 10th single copy or at the end of a run.Targets for these are 0.5v Vsp and 4.0v Vsg. Also check the T.D (Toner density) sensor reading. Target 2.5v(?). these 3 readings give you a comparison of the toner density in the dev unit and that reaching the drum and the copy.

Pm life for the dev / drum etc is 120k (as I recall)
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks for all your help with this, printed out the dev replacement instructions, that will come in very handy, we now have the dev, one last question, how do i get into service mode? I used to know, but its been a long time.

thanks again.

thanks for all your help with this, printed out the dev replacement instructions, that will come in very handy, we now have the dev, one last question, how do i get into service mode? I used to know, but its been a long time.

thanks again.
    Standard Ricoh method!!!!!!! C/A 1 0 7 C/S (Technician????)