Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MP 3350 Noise

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MP 3350 Noise

I had a MP.3350 making vibration noise when the making copy, the sound came from right side, either fuser area or other place I am not sure. Someone kwow where it is ?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    If it's an itermittent clicky rumble, kind of like a slow fart in a bathtub then it's the fuser. Just strip it down, clean and grease the bearings and bushings, hey presto.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP 3350 Noise

Take off the rhs cover and see if the noise goes away. I have had a few with this cover warped and had to put some rubber shims under it to make the noise go away. Good luck.
    Totoro

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    Take off the rhs cover and see if the noise goes away. I have had a few with this cover warped and had to put some rubber shims under it to make the noise go away. Good luck.
    What is rhs cover ?

syamrock33
    rhs is right hand side...

i think u should do the output check....
    if it is not fusing unit..then open up back cover and see which part is turning when the noise happen

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Don't forget on the Russian C5 the entire side door opens up like the Apollon, Athena and Alex. There is no interchange cover. One thing I forgot to mention too, the exit / interchange unit, toner can build up on the little white rollers in there causing an annoying noise too. Run the fusing / exit motor in output modes without the fuser in, you might get a couple of SC's but it will still run.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Don't forget on the Russian C5 the entire side door opens up like the Apollon, Athena and Alex. There is no interchange cover. One thing I forgot to mention too, the exit / interchange unit, toner can build up on the little white rollers in there causing an annoying noise too. Run the fusing / exit motor in output modes without the fuser in, you might get a couple of SC's but it will still run.
    I don't see Fuser motor output check in Sp.5804. just M.motor or Bridge motor, Feed motor. I had test these but they don't generate vibration noise.

buttalasso
    I red in an OLD THREAD that the trouble could be the hot roller strippers; I tried to clean these pieces on a MP2000 and the rumour gone away.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buttalasso View Post
    I red in an OLD THREAD that the trouble could be the hot roller strippers; I tried to clean these pieces on a MP2000 and the rumour gone away.

No, the MP.3350 is bigger, fuser is different than MP2000. The noise I talked about was vibration noise , not squeky noise like Mp2000.

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar

Question

I hate to bump up old posts but does anyone know what the final solution was?

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.