Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Mpc1500 print heads?

Anyone know where i can get hold of the print heads? I don't want to order the whole print engine. It is too expensive! I've got a lot of problems with these heads starting to block up. My parts cataloge dose not list this part. Please help.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    the print heads are not a serviceable part.

If the heads are clogged check the maint. unit it may be full of dried ink which will cause issues the the print head

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    One thing they really battered into our heads on the course was to basically strip out the maintenace unit every call, take it to a sink and wash it out. If a head cleaning and a flush don't open the blocked nozzles, try a superflush in SP modes. Failing that it's a new engine I'm afraid.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Hardware-Software-IT-Guy Cosmos-Controller's Avatar

no separate spares

there are no separate spares within the maintenance unit... no printhead available.
    Yep, if you dare to have it installed, we support it !

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar
    First of all these machines print good quality copies/prints, secondly they are a nightmare to maintain. have you had any sc's- such as 202 or 200? If you have then you need to replace the maintenance unit and clear the print head blocked counter in sp 7215-001 to -005. The customer should be advised to clean the print heads and if necessary flush them using the user tools maintenance menu on a weekly basis. If these machines are only used periodically they are prone to clogging up. Good luck