Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    sultar

Question Scanrouter V2 Lite on Windows Server 2008

Hello. Im trying to install Scanrouter V2 on Server 2k8, to be used with a Ricoh Aficio 1045. I've found a lot of information but cant quite seem to find my problem online.

I did a full install, running the program on service mode, installing the I/O device without a problem and opening ports 80/161/3670 on the server's firewall, and doing all the necessary restarts of the server.

When I run the administration utility it simply says "services suspended". If I try to resume services from the program it does not give me any indication whatsoever (no popup/errors), and the program still shows the services suspended. I also tried to manually restart the DDS Scheduler Deamon and the Scanrouterdriverv2 services. That didn't fix the problem. Also read somewhere that the ports may be 131/165/3670. Tried opening those ports, and that didnt fix the problem. Then I tried running it with the firewall completely off. That didn't fix it.

Is there anything else i can try to make this happen? Any guidance would be really helpful.

Thank you.

Have had same problem. Scanrouter V2 Lite is not supported on Server 2008. Nor is it supported by Ricoh any more.

The only solution I have found is to put it on an XP box and have that act as the scan server in Server 2008 environments.

If anyone else has found a solution, I haven't heard of it yet.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Question

Just thinking out aloud...

Not ideal but maybe you could get around the compatibility issue using virtualization?
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Service Manager 50+ Posts
    You are not supposed to install it to a server.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    I've had to open a range of ports in the past (6000-6010 for example) using DCOMCONFIG.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Have had same problem. Scanrouter V2 Lite is not supported on Server 2008. Nor is it supported by Ricoh any more.

The only solution I have found is to put it on an XP box and have that act as the scan server in Server 2008 environments.

If anyone else has found a solution, I haven't heard of it yet.
    Star is correct. I second that.
    And adding to dckm's post it should not be on any server that is running any type of database.

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.

vartaxe
    i have a ricoh aficio 1027 does scanrouter v2 lite work on windows server 2008? thanks for helping. it was previously running with scanrouter v2 lite in a server 2003 environment used by users for scan to folder (a shared folder on the server)... switched office and have a brand new server... x86 and server 2008 standard... should i try getting it working on the server or just install it on any user workstation should make it?

arasg

Re: Scanrouter V2 Lite on Windows Server 2008

I installed on a Windows 2008 R2 server (previously on a Windows 2003 server) with no problems. Scan to a folder on the server.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Scanrouter V2 Lite on Windows Server 2008

Scanrouter will work on newer systems such as Windows Vista and 7. It is configured exactly the same as in windows XP, except that "User account control" must be turned "OFF", restart the system, and then resume services. My experience with Server 2008 is minimal, so I'm not sure if there is "user account control" or similar to disable. If not, then perhaps set a static IP on 1 workstation, install scanrouter, and use it as the scanner server.

m0fugga

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Scanrouter will work on newer systems such as Windows Vista and 7. It is configured exactly the same as in windows XP, except that "User account control" must be turned "OFF", restart the system, and then resume services. My experience with Server 2008 is minimal, so I'm not sure if there is "user account control" or similar to disable. If not, then perhaps set a static IP on 1 workstation, install scanrouter, and use it as the scanner server.
    I know this is an old thread, but just in case someone else stumbles on this, I just wanted to report that this was the exact problem I was having with a Windows 2008 R2 server and disabling UAC fixed the problem for me. Thanks Sandman!