Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SysAdmin21601

Re: NetBIOS name is in use already (108) error msg

Quote Originally Posted by scoobysteve View Post
    Hi All,

....also would a NCS clear default netBIOS back to factory? thanks.

Had same issue with SAVIN MP3002. Coming out of Power Save would beep incessantly and then throw NetBIOS error message. Clearing the NCS worked for us.

Thanks for the tip.

John

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SysAdmin21601 View Post
    Had same issue with SAVIN MP3002. Coming out of Power Save would beep incessantly and then throw NetBIOS error message. Clearing the NCS worked for us.

Thanks for the tip.

John
    Yes, It just happened to me yesterday, I instantly do myself by clearing NCS without checking the post. Although the error message gone, printing speed slow from customer's window application like Ms Word, However the Test Page printing fast as usual, it took me another couples figured out the problem of printing speed. Reinstalled printing driving, problem remains,( it is true customers who don't care it is Network IT Guy's job or Machine service technician's work), late I happened to me installing the driver in old fashion, Choice 1, local printer, create a TCP/IP port etc.. it sounds working in normal under Wins Xp condition ,In my production mode, I just replaced the machine for old one using same IP address. If we had known the concept of NeyBIOS very well, we did not have to spend additional time to solve the problem in whole.

Helpdesk Engineer 50+ Posts hdmr's Avatar

I know its a old thread but seen this creeping in a couple of times over the last few weeks.

What is the process of clearing the NCS and what information is changed/lost?

Work from a helpdesk so don't want to perform this and lose information I don't have.