Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Document Technologies Pro 100+ Posts

Savin 2575 waste auger gears keep clacking

Have cleaned out the pipes and cleaner twice now with gear replacements each time. The last time I also replaced the shaft and bushing coming out from the drum unit. All else cleans up good and seems to turn well. What am I missing? Any Ideas?

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    Usually, the problem is the recyling pipe the runs in the front of the drum. The bushing at the base, from being worn by the coil, gets a tiny bit of slop in it. What I do is replace those items, then I "round" out the screw holes just a little bit to give the pipe a bit more movement. Yeah, the pipe is keyed, but I'm talking about just a tiny bit more movement. It is enough to get the two gears to mesh a bit better, and the problems go away. Sometimes, I do that on a machine that I get in on wholesale that makes the noise, before I replace any bushings, and the noise will usually go away just from doing that.

It's not the best design, but it's certainly not the worst....for what it is worth.
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xeroid View Post
    Have cleaned out the pipes and cleaner twice now with gear replacements each time. The last time I also replaced the shaft and bushing coming out from the drum unit. All else cleans up good and seems to turn well. What am I missing? Any Ideas?
    Are you having problems with the toner recycling (front of the machine) or the waste toner (rear of the machine)?

If the front (recycling) keeps clogging up and causing the gears at the front and rear of the PCU to fail check the length of the auger inside the clear tube. If blocked this may retract and become too short to eject the toner through the slot at the end of the tube (Into the dev unit).

If this is the case remove the coil and stretch it until it is almost as long as the clear tube, also, make sure that the coil and spacer washers are assembled in the correct order as these ensure correct alignment of the two 90 degree gears at the front of the unit which are critical for proper drive.

If the problem is with the waste toner check the unit directly behind the waste toner bottle. This has a small (3") auger which can fail causing the system to back up (see attached).
    Attached Files Attached Files