Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    RICOH MPC3500 WASTE container

I actually find the MPC6000 type to be a lot easier than these

I had a customer recently who just couldn't wait for me to empty their MPC4000 waste toner, so he did it himself... all 4 of them.

You guessed it - 4 new developers and a big bill.
    73 DE W5SSJ

martinezgeovani
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    You are looking at the drum/developments units on your photo's. As I mentioned, the waste toner is located at the left side of the first paper cassette. The screw you have to remove is located between the yellow and cyan drum/dv-unit. You have to replace these waste toner bottles with a new one instead of cleaning them, if you want to keep your clothes clean.

The machine will recover from the waste toner full state automatically. BTW, the waste toner bottle is not replaced by the customer/end user.
    Thank you so much; I found the screw and was able to empty out the "used toner bottle". Prior to asking for help on the forum I emptied out the black drum unit thinking it was the "used toner bottle". Now I am getting an error SC364 and the pages being printed are printing out too light even when I set the "auto density" to be the darkest. Any solution to this? any one know where I can download/purchase maintenance intructions for this unit? our nearest service company is 500 miles away (we near the border of mexico and USA). Once again any help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by martinezgeovani View Post
    Thank you so much; I found the screw and was able to empty out the "used toner bottle". Prior to asking for help on the forum I emptied out the black drum unit thinking it was the "used toner bottle". Now I am getting an error SC364 and the pages being printed are printing out too light even when I set the "auto density" to be the darkest. Any solution to this? any one know where I can download/purchase maintenance intructions for this unit? our nearest service company is 500 miles away (we near the border of mexico and USA). Once again any help is greatly appreciated.
    Sounds like you emptied the developer and need to refill it.
    Black developer part number is b2309640.

Reset black developer in SC 3902xx
    You'll have to split the PCU into dev.-unit and drum unit.
    Two screws to remove the front cover.
    Disconnect the eight-pin connector.
    One screw to remove a black plastic cover/bushing-combination.
    Turn the PCU around.
    Remove the upper metal clip and brass bushing.
    Pull the units apart.
    On the dev.-unit there are three plastic "hooks", use a small screwdriver to open them and remove the dev.-unit top cover.
    Empty the unit.
    Refill with new developer.
    Nobody loves a clown at midnight.

martinezgeovani
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman™ View Post
    Sounds like you emptied the developer and need to refill it.
    Black developer part number is b2309640.

Reset black developer in SC 3902xx
    You'll have to split the PCU into dev.-unit and drum unit.
    Two screws to remove the front cover.
    Disconnect the eight-pin connector.
    One screw to remove a black plastic cover/bushing-combination.
    Turn the PCU around.
    Remove the upper metal clip and brass bushing.
    Pull the units apart.
    On the dev.-unit there are three plastic "hooks", use a small screwdriver to open them and remove the dev.-unit top cover.
    Empty the unit.
    Refill with new developer.
    Ok. I followed the instructions but one last thing. how do i "refill with new developer"? assuming developer is the "black dust" do i pour a specified amount to the area that I emptied? or just put the unit back together and put it back in the printer and let the printer refill it (through its own internal process)?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You need to order a bag of developer - These machines do not use monocomponent toner. The developer a magnetic power the toner mixes with so the machine can pick it up and brush it on the drum.

Clean out the old developer and dump in the entire new bag.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    Its a waste of money replacing the waste boxes - they just need emptying.

000tony
    I have got as far is finding the waste bottle. Is it best to unscrew the cap and empty it or just turn it upside down and empty it out the existing hole?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Shadow1, This may be a lost cause due to lack of technical knowledge. I suppose he could order the entire PCU/Black: Assembly P/N B2232204. I assume these are ready to go with developer and everything. Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    You need to order a bag of developer - These machines do not use monocomponent toner. The developer a magnetic power the toner mixes with so the machine can pick it up and brush it on the drum.

Clean out the old developer and dump in the entire new bag.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

copierman 250+ Posts

Also in sp mode, remember to reset the waste toner bottle counter as im sure it will still trigger waste full after a while (failsafe)
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

I dont think so, if it is full and you replace it, the photocell will allow the reset and possibly reset the counter.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+