Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ricoh 2018 CQ

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Why didn't you make it jam half way through the fuser or before the fuser and check before and after copy quality?

That is our basic troubleshooting test.

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkor View Post
    Why didn't you make it jam half way through the fuser or before the fuser and check before and after copy quality?

That is our basic troubleshooting test.
    Not to be a total biach, but I'm sure that was part of the troubleshooting process, just not needed to say it...Jomama is a seasoned tech. Those of us who have been around know the basics are always done by certain techs but not always stated. Yeah I'm assuming but I think I am right in this case. And FearlessVK already suggested that.

Anyway the case is closed so what was the point of offering up new advice?

Got your back Jomama!!
    Last edited by KopyKat; 06-19-2009 at 07:58 PM.

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 2018 CQ

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    Even tho cleaning the picker claws on the Pcu didnt do anything, replacing them solved the problem. I think the trail edge of the paper was curling and flicking up against the claw and picking up the toner there.
    Whew, that was a tough one. Fortunately, the room was air-conditioned so they coulndt see me sweat! I was like a duck, calm and cool on the outside, paddling like hell underneath!
    I think we all run into extended repairs on occasion. Be it 3 minutes or 3 hours, it's still a fix. Hey, it's Friday. Time for a beer!
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KopyKat View Post
    Not to be a total biach, but I'm sure that was part of the troubleshooting process, just not needed to say it...Jomama is a seasoned tech. Those of us who have been around know the basics are always done by certain techs but not always stated. Yeah I'm assuming but I think I am right in this case. And FearlessVK already suggested that.

Anyway the case is closed so what was the point of offering up new advice?

Got your back Jomama!!
    Lol Sorry Kopy, been a long day. Didn't mean that to sound mean and didn't see him mention that. Jomama has been helpful. I was just thinking if that was done wouldn't he have seen the area of the problem.

I had to edit this cause geeze I really am tired. I thought his problem was the fuser pawls and not the PCU Pawls. Shoot me please

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulkor View Post
    Lol Sorry Kopy, been a long day. Didn't mean that to sound mean and didn't see him mention that. Jomama has been helpful. I was just thinking if that was done wouldn't he have seen the area of the problem.

I had to edit this cause geeze I really am tired. I thought his problem was the fuser pawls and not the PCU Pawls. Shoot me please
    No Problem...

Maybe I should send you some of my Happy Pills.

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.