Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ricoh 2018 CQ

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 2018 CQ

Ricoh 2018 CQ

This copier gets a 3/8 inch line on the trail edge of every 11 x 8.5" copy in the direction of the paper path. I cleaned the transfer roll, laser shield and optics. I increased the trail edge erase and it erases but the little tick mark stays. I move the image (registration) and the tick mark stays. If I copy in Letter-R I dont see it but letter, it happens every time. Any ideas?

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Just a thought. Check to see if anyone has been leaning on the left front of the machine. Since I can't see your line, this is a simple test to see if the scanner is bent; lift the left front (almost enough to pick up the machine) and see if the line disappears. Reason: We had problems with shadows on prints on a 9935/45. It was the arm supporting the scanner, which was later fixed. I had the same problem on a 2020. Shadows to lines show up with this problem. Mirrors and scan glass cause full length fine lines.
    Good luck

Dave Carwile

CQ

I agree w/ previous post. We see this all the time. Usually it copies fine from glass and prints but poor cq on front side when using DF.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 2018 CQ

I agree with the previous posts as being a possibility. Just to rule out the improbable, are your outer fuser strippers clean of toner?
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    If an internal print (SP mode or meter sheet) is clean. The problem is definitely optics somewhere.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    I think you have to adjust the ADF. There are 2 screw holes on the right hinge of the ADF (where the ADF is connected to the main machine). One hole is bigger than the other. When you use the bigger hole you can adjust the ADF Position a bit.

Ricoh 2018 CQ

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless V K View Post
    If an internal print (SP mode or meter sheet) is clean. The problem is definitely optics somewhere.
    Thanks for all the replys, this happens when printing from memory also, a counter sheet for instance.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    Could be internal to the laser unit.

You can also try stopping the copy before it fuses to see if the mark is coming from the drum or not.

Maybe the underside of the drum shutter is dirty and wiping off on the copy after it passes the drum.
    Don't take that toner with me!

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    As the drum rotates twice on the same piece of paper I´d look at the cleaning blade or wear in the drum itself, as you know these drums develop thin lines as they get older, as you say " 7cm" assuming I converted it right, sounds like what I said above.I´ts not a very great help, as I know your experience on our machines but sometimes we dont see the obvious.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Ricoh 2018 CQ

Even tho cleaning the picker claws on the Pcu didnt do anything, replacing them solved the problem. I think the trail edge of the paper was curling and flicking up against the claw and picking up the toner there.
    Whew, that was a tough one. Fortunately, the room was air-conditioned so they coulndt see me sweat! I was like a duck, calm and cool on the outside, paddling like hell underneath!

A+; Network +; PDI+