Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar

Savin 8090 Fusing Web

So we have a customer whose 8090 gives the Fusing Web End Error when there is average of 1/3rd of the web left.

Today I set the default from 92% to 98% and of course set SP1902 001 (Fabric Motor Control> Fabric Consumption), and set
    the value to 0.

Any suggestions on how to make this last longer? I saw timings but didn't want to mess with them.

I asked Ricoh if there was a way to have it not LOCK Down the machine on a fusing near end. They said no, of course. I like the 2575/4051 models and such. They will continue running at least for a while. Sometimes you cannot get to someone same day.

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar
    put a tape on the sensor to avoid the contact of its actuator, if you can plot when it should be end the better, life of the hot roller is at stake....

Good Luck...
    fix the customer first then fix the machine... its simple and makes life more easy.

Machine is at 650K and not had a bit of maintenance needed except for Web and Torque Limiters in Paper Feed Units.

I know the PM is due at 600K. But I'm just the IT guy and can't get the Boss to spend the money. I swear half of our problems is they wait till there is a problem instead of Pming the damn things when it comes time.

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar
    not a customer oriented service... hahahaha its really hard cause your the one dealing infront of the customer... anyhow good luck...
    fix the customer first then fix the machine... its simple and makes life more easy.

Dave Carwile

web

I have found a lot of variance in the amount of use of the web depending on how the copier is used. Lots of large copy runs and duplexing and the web is usually very close to the end at default settings.
    If the web has a lot left, I will gradually up the target value. Far better for a service call with web left than for the web to be used up. I would replace it anyway. Much cheaper than another call and they do work better new.

Yeah we always replace it when we go, But doesn't matter if there is web left. The machine throws the Red Light that looks like a Fire Alarm and the Copier Stops. That's absolutely retarded considering it still has 1/3 left.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulkor View Post
    So we have a customer whose 8090 gives the Fusing Web End Error when there is average of 1/3rd of the web left.

Today I set the default from 92% to 98% and of course set SP1902 001 (Fabric Motor Control> Fabric Consumption), and set
    the value to 0.

Any suggestions on how to make this last longer? I saw timings but didn't want to mess with them.

I asked Ricoh if there was a way to have it not LOCK Down the machine on a fusing near end. They said no, of course. I like the 2575/4051 models and such. They will continue running at least for a while. Sometimes you cannot get to someone same day.
    Is the web end actuator in the sensor?

If so, the web end actuator is being set incorrectly.

When you fit a web you must make sure that the "pin" of the actuator arm is installed not only above the roll of the new web (Diagram 1), but also above the single layer of web between the "Large" (Full) roll and the web pressure roller (Diagram 2).

If the pin is below the single sheet it is only held up by the large diameter of the full roll, it will eventually fall past the edge of the roll as the diameter decreases, causing SC550.

As I recall, this will occur and about 30% -50% use.

The web "near end" is set by the motor on and frequency settings, but should not cause a shut down "red light" situation.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not sure if Techs are doing it right. Good Call.
    Went on a SC call today and a Tech we had fired last week had nicely just removed the plastic sensor arm and spring from the 4051sp fusing web and reset the counter. You guessed it.. The web ran out till it ripped off the primary roll. Lucky it didn't wrap around Hot Roller.

Guessing Tech broke it and tried to hide it or just forgot to tell us. Very poor workmanship.