Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    user Code Auth and Quotas

Is it possible on Ricoh machines?

Can I give a PIN code to each user and impose quotas to them? For example, the user John Doe has PIN code 1234 and can print 1000 black pages and 200 color ones?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    If only it were!!

Currently the best way to impose limits per user would be to use a third party product such as Equitrack.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

I'm dumbfolded by that! I've grown used to see it on nearly every machine from Konica (and Konica Minolta) that I've never thought Ricoh machines wouldn't do it until today when I was asked about it!

Most probablly a marketing decision, but who am I to judge?

Thanks for the confirmation!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Yeah you can use user codes, but the limitation ability isn't there that I've seen. I've just told office managers to check the User code list every Friday and if someone is over their limit or nearing it you can uncheck their access to a Function.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Canon machines have imposable user limits, as well.

While I totally agree that this is a marketing decision, I recommend passing these types of issues on to your area Ricoh factory rep.

I've found that informing them that brand "XYZ" can do things that Ricoh machines cannot does seem to get their attention, especially when they are aware that they lost a deal because of it.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Not to impressed with our Area Rep or Area Tech for that matter. The old one was good, but whatever. You would think Savin/Ricoh would get their hands on competitors machines and see the difference.

Have a customer that is trying out an Oce Brand Machine after being with us for years cause their C5050 has been nothing but shite.

Service Manager 50+ Posts
    The print director solution will impose quotas. Only, you have to buy it, and a java card.....

Its not a simple free solution.

Lame.... thats what we've noticed about Savin over the Years. Getting more and more money driven. Cheaper parts moving away from aluminum or any kind of metal in ADF frames and such to lots of plastic molding.

Plastic crap that bends and warps when customers slam it or heat accumulates on it.
    We have some machines in factories and the customer wants them replaced as they are getting older. 2518 and 2522 I think. I wouldn't replace them with anything newer than the 8025/8030.