Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Kopykat I meant SR5000. It was late last night in Scotland when I was typing this post.

Firmware us all up to date.

Don't think anyone would have robbed the staple unit for another machine as it is only me that has them in my area.

I'm going to double check iminds tech bulletin. I've seen it before but the machine was manufactured after 2007 and all machines after this are supposedly modified.

I think I will be checking the cartridge though. I have a few of these machines in this building.

I'll keep you all posted.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by techspec View Post
    Kopykat I meant SR5000. It was late last night in Scotland when I was typing this post.

Firmware us all up to date.

Don't think anyone would have robbed the staple unit for another machine as it is only me that has them in my area.

I'm going to double check iminds tech bulletin. I've seen it before but the machine was manufactured after 2007 and all machines after this are supposedly modified.

I think I will be checking the cartridge though. I have a few of these machines in this building.

I'll keep you all posted.
    This may seem like a strange answer, but I had something similar not too long ago.....

Take a look at the movement of the receiving tray! Does it lower and raise in the correct sequence during boot up and when running jobs?

The tray lift motor (DC) can stick and will generally cause a problem only on staple jobs. The one I had was not a hard on fault, but would cause the machine to display frequent jams at R7 (?) and then staple error SC's.

I was able to make the motor work by simply touching the pulley at the correct time. The motor worked under test and was normally ok when feeding non-staple jobs. When stapling I could see the tray was not lowering / lifting as the sets ejected.

We were convinced this was a problem with the stapler and ripped everything apart, replaced the sensors etc, but nothing would fix the problem. Fitted a new motor and the fault was cured.

I suppose the main point is that on these finishers if you get problems related to staple jobs it may not be the staple head causing the problem!

Have you have checked the two long tension springs on the back face of the staple unit are in place? These can fall off causing the unit to move around and not engage the HP sensors.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    This may seem like a strange answer, but I had something similar not too long ago.....

Take a look at the movement of the receiving tray! Does it lower and raise in the correct sequence during boot up and when running jobs?

The tray lift motor (DC) can stick and will generally cause a problem only on staple jobs. The one I had was not a hard on fault, but would cause the machine to display frequent jams at R7 (?) and then staple error SC's.

I was able to make the motor work by simply touching the pulley at the correct time. The motor worked under test and was normally ok when feeding non-staple jobs. When stapling I could see the tray was not lowering / lifting as the sets ejected.

We were convinced this was a problem with the stapler and ripped everything apart, replaced the sensors etc, but nothing would fix the problem. Fitted a new motor and the fault was cured.

I suppose the main point is that on these finishers if you get problems related to staple jobs it may not be the staple head causing the problem!

Have you have checked the two long tension springs on the back face of the staple unit are in place? These can fall off causing the unit to move around and not engage the HP sensors.
    The DC motor your refering to is that the one in the tray drive section, part number : B830 5563

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP9000 with SR5000 Help/info req'd

The DC motor your refering to is that the one in the tray drive section, part number : B830 5563
    I have replaced several of these on different finishers, some of which have gotten intermittent before dying completely, but whenever they act up they have always generated SC codes - for me at least.

These also usually have 1 screw hidden behind a frame rail that makes this job a megabitch - the firmware is constantly twitching the tray up and down for no good reason, wearing out the brushes in a DC motor that not designed to be changed (drill 1 stupid hole in that rail and problem solved). I pulled $20 out of my own pocket for a set of minature wrenches just for the 5.5mm that I only need for this 1 stupid motor. Trust me it was worth it.

Anyway, I'm still betting on the cartridge.

Sorry about the lack of hotties - bummer.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Technician
    Have you tried the firmware?

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar

Nope!

See attached....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post

Damn! I just ran into one of these today!! "SC750 Stapler Error", R jam on boot, tray not initializing and get this...if one copy job was removed from the shift tray and it did not raise to home position, the machine would scan the originals of the next job and show "copying" on the screen but just sit there and stare at me for a while and then eventually throw an R jam then an SC750. If you look up SC 750 says nothing about the stapler but the panel says "Stapler Error" The manual calls it "Tray 1 (Upper Tray Lift) Motor Error"

No red light and not in staple mode though just the tray would intermittently stop lowering during jobs, then not raise up when paper removed. A little nudge on the belt and it was back to normal. Part Number is AX05 0277.

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.

Speak of the devil. Hehe... Find a 5.5mm wrench before the part comes in, trust me. I wouldn't sell you mine for $100
    73 DE W5SSJ

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Speak of the devil. Hehe... Find a 5.5mm wrench before the part comes in, trust me. I wouldn't sell you mine for $100
    A nut driver? Or are you talking about a regular flat wrench? A wrench for the wench.

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.

A regular flat wrench - combo if you can find one (box end and open end)

I can't remember if I've had to do this job on an SR5000 yet, but on every other big finisher you have to take one of the frame pieces out in order to put a screwdriver on the right hand side screw (looking from the rear) of the mounting bracket for that motor. In order to get that frame rail out... well, you'll see. I use my 5.5 nut driver more than my #2 Phillips, but for this job there is just no way to get at one of the screws without a wrench, and an adjustable is too big and clunky to fit..

When you get it running again watch the operation during a staple job. The firmware will sit there and twitch the tray up a mil, up a mil, down 2 mils over and over 20 or 30 times while it stacks a thick job in the stapler. It's not accomplishing a darn thing except wearing that stupid motor out. IDIOT Engineers

FYI - in case you hadn't guessed, this motor is one of my pet peeves.
    73 DE W5SSJ