Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh MP9000 with SR5000 Help/info req'd

Looking for some info/help on this one.

MP9000: When using anyone of the staple features the Red warning light at the top of the display flashes from green to red and so on. Staple feature works fine.

Any other print jobs through the SR5000 finisher work fine but red light doesn't flash.

It tells me that there is a problem in the staple area but where?
    No SC's and machine running on latest firmware. Any ideas anyone?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Staple Trimming bucket full or not seated correctly??? In models past, that would disable the stapler completely, but that's all I can think to check.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Staple Trimming bucket full or not seated correctly??? In models past, that would disable the stapler completely, but that's all I can think to check.
    Checked that Shadow. Its not even a tenth full.

Its scratching hrad time

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    Got this from the latest Goose Guide...don't know if it will apply but worth a shot maybe?

ERRATIC STAPLER OPERATION
    replace jogger motor and jogger PCB (B830 5120 )

I'm assuming you updated the finisher firmware as well?

There is also a newer finisher interlock switch 12042844 to improve reliability. (B830) TSB 013. Maybe the door is wiggling just enough to momentarily cause open door but not long enough to stop the machine. I've seen that on other models. And there's a lot of shaking going on in that finisher when stapling.

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Had to ask - I've been guilty of overlooking the dumbest things sometimes...

... and just checked, this does still disable stapling completely.

I volunteered to work on call during the holiday and its kinda slow today (We're observing independence day over here - not that you Brits will be celebrating that one with us, unless it's "good riddance to bad rubbish") so I been playing with our MP9000 demo machine. The only thing I can do to get the red light green light thing is simulate a false stack full, but even that shuts down the machine after the current set is stapled.

Is the finisher on the latest firmware too?

What is the full setup (Interposer? Booklet Finisher? StreamPunch(God Help You then!))

Is the staple cartridge getting low? Not empty low, but low enough where the machine could intermittently think it is getting empty?

Is there a hot blond who can occupy your time while you try to figure this out?
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KopyKat View Post
    Got this from the latest Goose Guide...don't know if it will apply but worth a shot maybe?

ERRATIC STAPLER OPERATION
    replace jogger motor and jogger PCB (B830 5120 )

I'm assuming you updated the finisher firmware as well?

There is also a newer finisher interlock switch 12042844 to improve reliability. (B830) TSB 013. Maybe the door is wiggling just enough to momentarily cause open door but not long enough to stop the machine. I've seen that on other models. And there's a lot of shaking going on in that finisher when stapling.
    Thanks kopykat. Its a strange one. Machine has only done 300k so not heavily used.

Was recently refurbished and put onto customers site and has only done 25k there.

Stapler features all work perfectly but the red warning light flashes every time it staples.

As I said its strange

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Your stapler head can be hiting the rear fence of the SR5000 staple tray
    Attached Files Attached Files
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Had to ask - I've been guilty of overlooking the dumbest things sometimes...

... and just checked, this does still disable stapling completely.

I volunteered to work on call during the holiday and its kinda slow today (We're observing independence day over here - not that you Brits will be celebrating that one with us, unless it's "good riddance to bad rubbish") so I been playing with our MP9000 demo machine. The only thing I can do to get the red light green light thing is simulate a false stack full, but even that shuts down the machine after the current set is stapled.

Is the finisher on the latest firmware too?

What is the full setup (Interposer? Booklet Finisher? StreamPunch(God Help You then!))

Is the staple cartridge getting low? Not empty low, but low enough where the machine could intermittently think it is getting empty?

Is there a hot blond who can occupy your time while you try to figure this out?
    The set up is MP9000 and just the SR9000, nothing else. Not even a nice blond.

Happy Independance day

Scratching my head now too.

I didn't see an answer to whether you upped the finisher firmware. All the firmware has to be the same level including the finisher.

Does it do it at the exact moment the staple head fires? Does it do it only when stapling in one position? If you set it up staple two on the side will the light turn red twice? If it does, I'd put pressure on the door with my hand or jump the switch to make sure the switch is not momentarily opening and see if that changes anything.

Shadow has a good point with the cartridge...seen more than a few cartridges go bad with no rhyme or reason at varied mileage...and being a refurb someone could have stolen the original cartridge...or even the entire staple unit. That's happens a lot when a tech needs a part and there's no one looking. Hell, I've done it to lease return machines!! (shhh! don't tell on me)

iMind is on a good track too. I would jump the finisher front door and watch the operation you should see or at least hear it if its whacking that rear fence....I have seen that one. It's been a while but if I remember correctly it would toss a code if it was bent badly.

On some of the older models we had staple harnesses causing troubles too.

I'd go out armed with another staple head, cartridge, door switch, iMind's bulletin and the motor and PCB if you have a machine you can pull them from. Check the connectors on the stapler unit. There may be one that is not fully plugged in.

Oh....and check the harness connector from the finisher to the main machine for bent or damaged pins.

I now this is a laundry list of shite but I'm just going through the TS process I would take...starting with that firmware.

Keep us updated. I really want to know the solution to this one.

If all else fails bust out that red light under the cover. Just kidding!!

Quote Originally Posted by techspec View Post
    The set up is MP9000 and just the SR9000, nothing else. Not even a nice blond.

Happy Independance day
    You meant to type SR5000, right?