Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Copy/Print/Network Tech 100+ Posts Kmdurrin's Avatar

Ricoh 3025 toner supply unit problem

We have been running into problems lately on a few of our Ricoh 3025s and Lanier LD225SPs. It seems like the toner supply bottle holder doesn't hold onto the bottle properly so the bottle slips off and toner gets dumped all around it. Does anyone know a good fix for this problem? Is it just a bad design for a toner hopper? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Parts: Its what your copier craves!

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

This is usually a customer orientation problem, that is the way that they add the toner bottle. but it is not unusual to have to replace the hopper for this problem. Sometimes the seals leak and sometimes the "grabber" gets sticky.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Vesigoth's Avatar

Ricoh 3025 Toner supply unit problem

The only time I've seen this kind of problem is when the nipple cap on the toner bottle is not released and for some reason an operator opens the toner hopper then closes it again. The bottle spins and spills toner because the nipple cap is not properly re-inserted in the toner bottle.

we have had this a couple of times but we found that the nipple had a rough edge so the chuck could not grab it and replacing the toner bottle solved the problem.

I've had this problem many times.
    The 4 mylars behing the rotating part of the Hopper bend back,causing the toner to fill up in there and not in the dev unit.
    I usually bend them back at a 90 degree angle, which sorts the problem.
    You will have to replace those mylars at some point though.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    This is a classic problem. You can either break it down and re-form the mylars or just carry the assembly or the inner ring in your car stock. I have enough people who break the turn down handle off that it became easier to just keep a hopper ready. The one I carry is B0273501.

E Winter
    Thanks for the hints - I know that the mylars tends to fell of at some >35ppm machines every now and then but that bending problem is something I'll keep an eye on.

A deformed seal-cushion of that toner cap grabber thingy can also cause spilling or stiffness to the cam handle. And some hoppers seems to spill right at the toner exit area - seems the week point is that little toner exit case what's not always properly attached to the hopper (that part where the toner get's changed-over into the pcu). I've noticed that Ricoh is sealing that part with a kind of "white-hot-glue" in their most recent machines.

Last but not least there is this little shutter thingy what should close the toner exit hole - I think this is a messy construction since ages - at least it's almost not possible to change the toner without making a more or little mess in the front cover I always recommend my customers to use a sheet of paper to avoid that.

Funny that ricoh knows a better concept - just take a look at the A1018/2018/MP2000 series hoppers. There's a little metal shutter closing the hole - that's working much better.

Field service tech. 100+ Posts Froota's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sommer View Post

Funny that ricoh knows a better concept - just take a look at the A1018/2018/MP2000 series hoppers. There's a little metal shutter closing the hole - that's working much better.
    Hey,

isn't it the green lip on the guide plate under the toner hopper unit that bends too much down? It is difficult to close the toner hopper handle because the lip, that is referred to hold the hopper in place, is blocking the handle and doesn't close well.
    Sometimes customers are forcing the handle and it brakes off, with all the negative effects.

You can fold the lip a bit up after removing the hopper, so the hopper handle close easier when putting back.

gr,
    Froota

E Winter
    This isn't what I had in mind but it's indeed another good point - I needed to bend this thingy up a few times, too.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Me too, like an hour ago. I said, "Don't lean on it just press it down and you can save a $135.00 Service call."

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+