Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh Print Error Log codes

Hi All

Anyone know where i can find the error code definitions for a print error log?

I've got a client who has indicated that his print error log gives him a "Print Error: 91" code and that is it.

any suggestions would be great. thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Smile

There are usually two codes that regularly show in the error log...

91: The job was reset by the device.

92: The job was manually reset by a user.

Code 91 occurs when then there is a confilct between the MFDs settings and those of the print driver and Auto Continue is enabled. (For example printing a A4 file as a non reduction booklet and not having loaded A3 media.)
    This can be overcome by turning 'Auto Continue' off. If the job is the resubmitted the user would then have the ability to check and correct the mismatch by selecting the Printer function key.

User Tools>Printer Features>System>Auto Continue.

Hope this helps.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    thanks..

that clears it up as we always turn "auto continue" to "on".

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    To help prevent occurances of print error 91 switch memory usage from frame to font.
    This gives the MFD a more balanced memory allocation between image data and print language.

123 > Printer Features > Memory Usage *(some models do not have this option)
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

DFTech
    This problem was driving me nuts and I know this post is a little old, but I had to register so I could reply with what I did to fix it. Our error 91 was being reported with the same "The job has been reset" from a Ricoh Aficio MP 2510. The only thing that needed to be done was to install the printer with the RPCS driver. Apparently this particular machine was not enabled with the PCL or PS languages and RPCS was the only one it would recognized. I don't know if that's the case with your issue, but you can log into the machines interface and find some sort of "Printer Language" to check it out. It immediately fixed our problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I know there is a technical release bulletin indicating some models didnt have the PCL languages but i dont think it was on the MP2510 models.....and the fix was to replace the print controller.