Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    Good grief dude. From what I've read you don't have a clue whether the problem is actually originating at the PCU or the fuser. Seems like that should be your next step. Divide and conquer!

Make a copy of a good original that will highlight the CQ problem and try to stop it at various points (open a door to cause it to jam and stop). It may take a couple of tries or it may take a hundred. But, eventually you should be catch it at just the right point to prove what device is causing the issue. Then, we can narrow down the actual causes of the poor CQ.

Sending the sample copy is a big help when it comes to diagnosing the problem. Including a scan of the original of the copy would be even better.

Good luck.

Technician
    The PCU is brand new out of box so im assuming that's gotta be good. Also there wasn't a difference changing the PCU. I just copied with it opened but the image is the same if I print a black page or one with text. I think it's a fuser problem but i don't want to shell out the $600 for a whole new fuser and it not be the problem

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    savin 2527 lines in 1st inch of print?? help

Print out a counter sheet and post the image so that we can see something that we recognise. We may be able to help you then.
    Totoro

Service Manager 50+ Posts
    Try changing the transfer/Sep assemply.

Technician
    I pulled the sheet before it hit the fuser and it's messed up there. So if it's not the fuser and its a new PCU where should I check?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Transfer or Bad Paper - try a taking a ream of paper from your office down there.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Technician
    I tried different paper and it's a new transfer/ sep roller. Also I put in new toner and cleaned out the toner holder. The copies bad before it even hits the fuser so it has to be something with the PCU right? But the pcu's new and even the old one acted the same. I'm wondering if it could be some motor thats bad that moves the pcu or if it could be software related? I re-initilized the PCU but that didn't change anything

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Since I still don't know what the sample you posted is I really have a hard time trying to figure out what your problem is, but if the problem is ocurring before fusing and the pcu is new then I would look at the developer unit and the drum ground. Good luck.
    Totoro

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    I may be a little off track here, but maybe not. Assuming your example is a skyshot or black original, it looks like a toner dusted laser shield glass could be your problem. Located under the toner hopper, it pulls out from the front. Make sure it is clean
    You might be right. I tried cleaning the toner hopper and everything but didn't notice a glass shield. I'll check when I get back to the copier. When we loaded the copier into my truck and then unloaded it there was a lot of toner that spilled which would explain the problem.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justinm001 View Post
    You might be right. I tried cleaning the toner hopper and everything but didn't notice a glass shield. I'll check when I get back to the copier. When we loaded the copier into my truck and then unloaded it there was a lot of toner that spilled which would explain the problem.
    Thanks for the heads up. This info should have been on page 1 of this thread.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+