Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Didn't someone ask if the LD Shield Glass was cleaned? Thought I did, but could be wrong. Darn I'm tired. No shield Glass=toner all over the ld lenses.

Technician
    Yes you did. I just saw your post this morning and it makes sense. I'll try it tonight and see if it solves the problem. It's under the toner hopper correct? I don't remember seeing anything like that but i wasn't looking very hard. I can't find a pic of the part online and I don't have the service manual with me but i'll find it tonight and hopefully figure it out. Thanks for you help I really hope I can get this to work.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Life toner hopper cam handle small sliver of glass, pull straight out GENTLY. It'll snap. Also It may be covered with a plastic shell held on with 1 screw. If no glass oh man that LD unit may be really dirty.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justinm001 View Post
    I pulled the sheet before it hit the fuser and it's messed up there. So if it's not the fuser and its a new PCU where should I check?
    I think I see the lines you are talking about. They are very fine, straight 'scratches' in the black areas. I think it would be very useful to see a 'skyshot' print.

Anyway, I thought transfer at first. But, the lines seem too regular, and clean/sharp/well defined to be a transfer issue. Are they all the way across the leading edge?

This is going to sound crazy. But, I'm leaning toward the development roller area. Is it possible for the 'brush' on the mag roller to standup high enough to scrape the image off of the pc? Or for the pc mag roller gap to be too small. The pcu looks pretty similar to the Ricoh 3030/Savin 8030. Maybe dis/reassemble the pc/developer unit sections might help.

I would say to look for the lines in the latent image on the drum. But, they (the lines, scratches whatever) could be really tough to see as well getting the drum stopped at the right spot.

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    That uploaded PDF with the faded white-to-black page has 30 million lines in it!!!! I really am trying to figure out lead/trail edge and portrait/landscape feeding.

It looks like it may be feeding out portrait, but I can't tell for sure.

Have you printed out an SMC report to see what all of your voltages are and if any are out-of-spec?

I'm with Scott on this one, that even though it's weird, it does look like a potential dv roller problem. Was the new PCU sitting around for a long time and did you thoroughly shake it up? It is not a rebuilt unit is it?

Before you run out of shotgun shells in your approach, go back to some basic thought processes:

1) When did you first notice it? Was a previous tech out?

2) Check ALL of your SMC voltages for any weird settings and make sure that they are all back to factory spec. These machines really never need to be tweaked from the factory specifications.

3) Try a drum unit from a known, good machine to do a quick test, in case the PCU you put in is defective.

If you've already done this, then I overlooked it in one of the posts, as this thread is getting ridiculously long for this problem.

Another thing I was thinking is that you said it is a new PCU, but how bad were the lines with the old PCU? Again, how/when did you notice the problem?
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    savin 2527 lines in 1st inch of print?? help

Check the transfer voltages carefully - there are several voltages depending on width, as well as a leading edge voltage
    73 DE W5SSJ

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Check the transfer voltages carefully - there are several voltages depending on width, as well as a leading edge voltage
    Agreed.

Don't remember if anyone has mentioned it. But, printing out (and reading) the sp5990-6 report wouldn't hurt at all. Every now and again I find evidence of someone mucking with the settings.

Technician
    I cleaned the LD shield glass and it's a lot clearer then before it was covered in toner. The copier's not 100% clear but it's good quality for normal prints. I'm happy enough with the quality but i'm not sure if I should remove the LD and attempt to clean it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    savin 2527 lines in 1st inch of print?? help

Try cleaning the optics next.