Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Scan to email is ok, but for large files this can be very slow. Not to mention some offices decline it cause they don't use their ISP email, don't have a domain, use Yahoo, Hotmail or something.

Current trend is they don't want anything sent from the machine. Even if they use user codes they could use someone elses code to send data out.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    Set up an old computer with XP on it and put it in a corner somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Lewis View Post
    Set up an old computer with XP on it and put it in a corner somewhere.
    yep

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Scan Router Lite on Vista?

With the new machines having a scan to memory card or usb stick option, I've been wondering why Ricoh hasn't offered a scan to internal storage option - Store the document on the internal HDD and allow access to it from a SMB file share, or through WIM - sort of like scan to folder in reverse. The HDD could fill up pretty quick if the files weren't moved, but you could set some sort of auto delete like is done on the document server. I guess they would loose too much money on File Format converters and desktop binder.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Probably Right. I know the new Savin 9090 may have this feature.. Maybe.

con brio
    I love being able to scan directly to a folder by pushing one button. I also hate working on XP. So much so that I dug out my wife's old PC from college (with a messed up video card, and broken sound card, no mouse, and fried USB ports) which runs XP Professional, networked it, and used Remote Desktop to log in and load ScanRouter. It now functions as a glorified network drive and server.

If people can hack online multiplayer games, crack the activation codes on Windows, design programs to analyze the probability of life on Mars, and map the human genome, why can't someone figure out how to get ScanRouter to work on Vista?

I tried all the compatibility modes, but I still couldn't get the services started under Vista Business 32.