Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: AF1018 SC320

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts +ve charge's Avatar

AF1018 SC320

Hi.. Just a general question. Can I prevent a SC320 occurrence on this (or any similar machine for that matter) by performing some sort of preventive maintenance on Polygon Mirror Motor at service calls? or is this just an arbitary occurrence.
    I've read a thread about checking cooling fans which I do but still i'm hit with a SC320 code more often than not. Some P M motors seem to work for ever but some just conk for no apparent reason.??? really baffling !!
    Some obseravtions pls . thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts barratec's Avatar
    i had many problems with polygon motors on Ricoh copiers and faxes with older models.
    Now with the recent models i don't have that kind of problem.
    Probably ricoh changed something in the project of new machines.
    I think the only thing that can help to prevent problems is to check the cooling fans efficiency, clean them and clean the laser unit inside periodically.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    AF1018 SC320

I have actually extended the life of these motors by removing the black keeper, pulling the mirror out of the pcb and cleaning the bushing and shaft with alcohol. Before reinstalling put a drop of lightweight oil( like 3 in 1 oil) on the polygon mirror shaft.. Be sure and clean all mirror sides with a soft cloth, too. This is a temporary measure that has worked until the new mirror motor could be installed. I definately wouldn't do this on a regular basis, though.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    They just fail sadly enough. I know on older machines they spin a lot more than the machines with Energy Saver that spins down the Mirror Motor.

technician
    I think it is when they hit the 5-6 year mark. The most recent has been a run of R1022s

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by +ve charge View Post
    Hi.. Just a general question. Can I prevent a SC320 occurrence on this (or any similar machine for that matter) by performing some sort of preventive maintenance on Polygon Mirror Motor at service calls? or is this just an arbitary occurrence.
    I've read a thread about checking cooling fans which I do but still i'm hit with a SC320 code more often than not. Some P M motors seem to work for ever but some just conk for no apparent reason.??? really baffling !!
    Some obseravtions pls . thanks
    Sir,this problem is long time already,the problem regarding with polygon mirror motor,please change the modified new polygon mirror motor your problem its solve and you make happy in your life.goodluck,godbless to you.

Quote Originally Posted by gernah View Post
    Sir,this problem is long time already,the problem regarding with polygon mirror motor,please change the modified new polygon mirror motor your problem its solve and you make happy in your life.goodluck,godbless to you.
    Hi Gernah... Thank you for this response. The Polygon Mirror motor part no. for the AF1018 that malfunctions is G0291961. Pls let me know if there is an updated version with a new part number? thank you very much & God Bless U 2.

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    The 2018s have a different mirror motor but I've never seen a bulletin saying to use the new one in old machines.

Quote Originally Posted by +ve charge View Post
    Hi Gernah... Thank you for this response. The Polygon Mirror motor part no. for the AF1018 that malfunctions is G0291961. Pls let me know if there is an updated version with a new part number? thank you very much & God Bless U 2.
    Sir,did not change the part no.but they additional the capacitor inside the board please check,thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gernah View Post
    Sir,did not change the part no.but they additional the capacitor inside the board please check,thanks.
    Many Thanks Again Gernah!
    I will check and verify the modification.
    Much Obliged