Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Aficio MP C4500 User Code Management

Quote Originally Posted by copyplus View Post
    The cartridge is not 100% empty. It just shows low and the machine makes copies but only the print from the computer is not working. The machine has network, scan, fax and print options. thanks
    I assume you have a working print scan SDcard in slot 1 or slot 2 (where the network cable plugs in)?
    I assume you have installed the required Ricoh printer driver on your PC.
    Can you ping the MFD?
    Example : Cmd.exe /k ping -a <ip-address>

Can you login to the MFD through the WIM?
    Example : iexplorer http:// <mfd-ip-address>

Can you post the IP address for the MFD and the IP address for the PC here to the forum, along with the subnet mask for both as well.

Have you try connecting a crossover cable direct to you PC?
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The ping command does work. It shows sent packages sent 4, received 4, lost 0 IP address for the PC 192.168.0.1 IP address is 192.168.0.166 for this machine = subnet mask 255.255.255.000 for both

The test page goes to printer but is lost in the middle. I tried to install PCL 6, PCL5, universal drivers for windows 8.1 (x64), but none of them seems to work.

With cross over cable direct to pc and after changing different drivers the test print shows in the printer menu box and the message says that the printer is offline. I did check the printer option on the machine and it shows online. When I install the cable back in the hub for my router the test page does not show in the printer menu box. I have almost hooked up 7/8 machine through my router and hub and they all work without any problem.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

The ping command does work. It shows sent packages sent 4, received 4, lost 0 IP address for the PC 192.168.0.1 IP address is 192.168.0.166 for this machine = subnet mask 255.255.255.000 for both

The test page goes to printer but is lost in the middle. I tried to install PCL 6, PCL5, universal drivers for windows 8.1 (x64), but none of them seems to work.

With cross over cable direct to pc and after changing different drivers the test print shows in the printer menu box and the message says that the printer is offline. I did check the printer option on the machine and it shows online. When I install the cable back in the hub for my router the test page does not show in the printer menu box. I have almost hooked up 7/8 machine through my router and hub and they all work without any problem.
    I get a funny feeling it may be a dead print-scan VM/SDcard but you should be getting error code sc867-2 or something like that.

[Network cables are set per normal modem/hub ]
    Take the MFD off fixed IP address and set it to DHCP.
    All subnet masks 255.255.255.0

1. Set the MFD to DHCP and see what IP,GATEWAY,DNS, displays in the configuration menu of the MFD.

2. Make sure the MFD: DHCP-SERVER , GATEWAY, DNS1 is the same as the settings as in the PC DOS screen <ipconfig /all>
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I tried everything. When I send a test print the printer status box in my computer shows offline whereas it is online on the machine. I have two similar machines C4500. I have the same problem on both the machines. I tried to replace the network cable. Put on DHCP. Turned the machine on and off. But still the same problem.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio MP C4500 User Code Management

I tried everything. When I send a test print the printer status box in my computer shows offline whereas it is online on the machine. I have two similar machines C4500. I have the same problem on both the machines. I tried to replace the network cable. Put on DHCP. Turned the machine on and off. But still the same problem.
    This thread is over six years old. Start a new thread if you really want to get help.