Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Ricoh Aficio MP C4500 User Code Management

My company had bought a MP C4500 which was hauled up from the credit company....everthing went well during the reconditioning till one of our tech realised that the user code provided only accesible to B & W. So, what he did was he executed 5-801-1 (Memory All Clear)...

After that none of us are able to access the machine at all! Is there any way for us to disable user authentification or reset them?

Many thanks in advance! Any help is appreciated.

P.S: I'm not sure what other things he did, but all he said was "I just clear all the memory, that's all"...bummer =="

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    He did what???????

And he did not save the contents of the NVRAM to an SD-card, I suppose. Then all the machine settings are reset to default! You have quiet a tech out there! Maybe he should learn to read the manual. Then he should have known that this procedure should be done with extreme CAUTION.
    Without a backup of the NVRAM you should at least replace all PCU-Units (Drum en Development Units) and hope you can get it back to work. You have to do a lot of adjustments. When you have a manual you will notice that SP5-801 is only done when you have serious engine/controller problems.

When your tech logged in as supervisor he could change the admin password and bring all settings back to normal. BTW, with SP5-801 you shoud have complete access to the machine.

Wish you luck with this one.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Disabling 'User Authentication' should resolve the issue. This can be found in the following menu. User Tools>System Settings>Administrator Tools>User Authentication Management>Off.
    If the device has 'Administrator Authentication Management' enabled you will need to login as the 'Machine Administrator' before selecting 'System Settings'.

The default credentials are: Login User Name: admin (The password field is blank.)

If the 'Machine Administrator' account has been password protected and you are unaware of the password login using the 'Supervisor' account and change the password for the 'Machine Administrator' account.

Technician
    @ Eric1968: Yeah well, what done is done, we only left the machine for about.... 10 minutes? O.o
    since he worked Aficio 1035/1045, he always execute that move and re-initialized all the setting back...that probably take about 15 minutes.....so he thought "Well, hey i could clear everything and that user management thing will just gone"....and the rest...well, you know what happened

@Choro1dal: yeah, it worked...thanks a lot man! initially i could figure out why the login/logout button wouldn't work...but didn't realised that i need to get to user tools first...

sorry, for the late reply...i thought i've already replied about 5 days ago....but turns out that the internet jammed and it didn't get sent....then didn't have time to even check the forum till now

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

ricoh aficio mp 4500

hello
    can any one tell where I can find firmware for this machine
    Ricoh Aficio MP4500

thank you

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    You need to have an account for Tessa.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

ricoh aficio mp 4500

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    You need to have an account for Tessa.

Hello
    I dont have a tessa account
    can you tell how to get this firmwre

thanks

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b1406 View Post
    Hello
    I dont have a tessa account
    can you tell how to get this firmwre

thanks
    APPLY for an account with TESSA.... Download firmware!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcs04 View Post
    APPLY for an account with TESSA.... Download firmware!
    thanks very helpfull

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b1406 View Post
    thanks very helpfull
    If you're not trained, you should be VERY careful doing firmware. If you ARE trained, You can get an account!!!