Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ricoh MP2000

Senior Tech 100+ Posts barratec's Avatar
    I had the same problems of GeorgeBest with both mp2000 and mp2500 models. It happens in new machines or with few thousands copy too.
    I did all the checks possible and those that ricoh technicians suggested me. Everything seems good. I tried to change feed rollers, clutches, double feed preventive pads, etc.............,to adjust feed timing,but no relevant performance improvements. I think it's a ricoh feeding problem with roller/pad system with no solutions except to change the double feed preventive pad!

The MP2000 does have a Fuser Cleaning Roller contrary to a previous reply !
    John
    Uk

E Winter
    This issue mostly occur if the customer doesn't check and adjust the green paper-end stopper properly. You'll get misfeeds and loud noises (feed roller running over seperation) if it's not in the correct position.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

RE

In most machines I fixed the green paper end slider with a screw.
    So, this can not be the cause here.
    I agree with Barratec, think its a Ricoh feeding problem.
    Bin for 20 years a Sharp technician, had rarely feeding problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sommer View Post
    This issue mostly occur if the customer doesn't check and adjust the green paper-end stopper properly. You'll get misfeeds and loud noises (feed roller running over seperation) if it's not in the correct position.

Zora
    Take the lower rear bottom cover off to reveal the paper height sensors disconnect the sensors (you will see a blue and a white connector, unplug them both) this will fix your problem. I have seen this a few times on 2510s and recently on a 2550

E Winter
    I can't really agree that this is a general problem with these machines (at least I'd put other issues higher on my personal "typical Ricoh trouble" list^^). The feed-roller/sep pad construction is indeed a bit flimsy but easy to maintain and usually reliable as long as the paper has been installed correctly - of course it's always possible that there's a technical problem (bad clutch or whatever).

Fixing the paper side/end slider may also force problems if the customer isn't able to set up the paper stack properly. The worst case is that the stack fits in too tight what may jam the spring plate - paper doesn't touch the feed roller and ...voilą^^

Btw: Can you re-produce the issues during test runs? What happen if you swap the trays? If this happen with the second tray (or using the first tray as second) as well you can try to run the machine without the first tray to watch everything in action.

As for the 2550:

If the machine has a finisher/bridge unit installed: Please gather the jam codes out of the logging data SMC lists. If there's a high "at power on" count, you may have a faulty door switch inside the bridge unit (or somewhere else).

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBest View Post
    In most machines I fixed the green paper end slider with a screw.
    So, this can not be the cause here.
    I agree with Barratec, think its a Ricoh feeding problem.
    Bin for 20 years a Sharp technician, had rarely feeding problems.
    For me Paper jam is a normal problem to all brand of photocopy but there are a different technic to sovle it. we are all tecnician having our on specialties.
    DYNAMIC OFFICE SOLUTIONS