Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ricoh MP2000

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Angry Ricoh MP2000

Getting real headaches from this machine/model.
    Customers complaining of paper jams. No paper is found, they have to open and close the right cabinet. Then it works fine, sometimes for days, sometimes for weeks, months and then it returns. This symptom appears on several machines now. And every time I'm there, no paper jam, no errors. Changed the puckup roller, clutch, even tighten the arm-lift-spring of the cassette, adjust the paper guides in the cassette etc etc. There must be someone who has this problem seen before, is this a typical Ricoh problem or what . . Seen this also on several MP2550's. !!

Can someone release me of my headaches, thanks in advance

Senior Tech 100+ Posts spaceman99's Avatar

paper jam

Hello.... Remove fuser clean entrance guide, i use a blade. clean the cleaning roller in the fuser, this i hope will help you...

Technician 50+ Posts

Jam Location

Have you checked the logging data in the SMC print out, to determine exactly where the jams are occuring.
    Also some of my customers have a habit of moving the end fence 'green slider' when loading paper in the tray.
    The result is that the paper is not picked up by the feed roller, the machine will error with a jam, the custoner will open the side door, there will be no paper there because the paper cannot be picked up by the feed roller, they close the door, the error disapears and the customer tries to copy again and the whole process repeats itself.
    It might be something as simple as that..
    Good Luck!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fotocom View Post
    Have you checked the logging data in the SMC print out, to determine exactly where the jams are occuring.
    Also some of my customers have a habit of moving the end fence 'green slider' when loading paper in the tray.
    The result is that the paper is not picked up by the feed roller, the machine will error with a jam, the custoner will open the side door, there will be no paper there because the paper cannot be picked up by the feed roller, they close the door, the error disapears and the customer tries to copy again and the whole process repeats itself.
    It might be something as simple as that..
    Good Luck!
    It should also make a horrid rubbing noise against the edge of the paper when this happens.
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz (Oc'ed to 3GHz - Stock Volts)
    Asus P5E-VM HDMI
    4GB (2x 2GB) Corsair XMS Xpert II RAM
    ATi Radeon 4870 512MB GFX Card
    2x 74GB WD Raptor Sata HDD (RAID 0)
    500GB Seagate Barracuda Sata II HDD
    500GB Hitachi Sata II HDD
    600W500att OCZ PSU
    -TOTAL HDD SPACE 1148GB-

jamming

.....okay- have you checked the lift motor. it should lift and then dropped a little. If ther is a lot of paper in it, it will not lift fully causing jam. Does it do it on A4R Landscape.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

RE

I've shorted the lift spring, this seems to be working fine . . for a month.
    So, if there's a lot of paper it will not lift fully causing jam ? But what can you do than , load not fully ?

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman99 View Post
    .....okay- have you checked the lift motor. it should lift and then dropped a little. If ther is a lot of paper in it, it will not lift fully causing jam. Does it do it on A4R Landscape.

jamming

Replace lift tray motor. Nylon gear has a crack in it which opens under load causing it to fail. Also just as a side line check the sensor the tray hits as it is pushd in. Placed in the center of machine. If this has pop out by a couple of mm, it causs all sort of mad faults....hope this helps.

Service Manager 50+ Posts
    Replace your separation pad, or peel the surface off, and turn it 180 degrees. This gives you a fresh surface. The noise you hear is the feed roller rubbing against the pad.

Quote Originally Posted by dckm View Post
    Replace your separation pad, or peel the surface off, and turn it 180 degrees. This gives you a fresh surface. The noise you hear is the feed roller rubbing against the pad.
    I agree with dckm, i always experience this problem just change the paper feed roller & friction pad. replace both on same time.good luck..
    DYNAMIC OFFICE SOLUTIONS

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    MP2000s do not have fuser cleaning rollers or paper lift motors.

If there is really no paper found then it has to be to do with the cassette. Loading paper incorrectly or feed worn out.

On the MP2550s its either paper loaded incorrectly again or paper lift spring snapped/paper lift motor gone/paper present actuator broken so it tries to feed when there's no paper.