Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    netwitza

Aficio MP 4000 PAPER JAM

MP 4000 jams only when printing from lower paper tray 2 if there is paper in upper paper tray1. When I open the duplex door to clear the jam, I noted that paper is being fed from two paper trays concurrently causing the jam at the registration roller.

Prints successfully from lower paper tray2 only when the paper tray at a time and when printing from paper tray1. Many thanks in advance.

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    We had that on a MPC4500 type machine and I guess the feed is the same on the MP4000.

There is a trail edge sensor in the feed unit. When the paper passes the sensor, the pickup arm is raised. If the sensor is dodgy and the machine doesn't see the paper go past then the arm stays down and another sheet is half fed out to the relay rollers. When you then make a copy, it if fed from the other tray as it is at the relay rollers.

We changed the whole feed unit for speed and not knowing the cause at the time.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Aficio MP 4000 PAPER JAM

Quote Originally Posted by zyqwiz View Post
    We had that on a MPC4500 type machine and I guess the feed is the same on the MP4000.

There is a trail edge sensor in the feed unit. When the paper passes the sensor, the pickup arm is raised. If the sensor is dodgy and the machine doesn't see the paper go past then the arm stays down and another sheet is half fed out to the relay rollers. When you then make a copy, it if fed from the other tray as it is at the relay rollers.

We changed the whole feed unit for speed and not knowing the cause at the time.
    I agree. I have ran into this problem, too. I replace the sensors in the feed unit and the problem was solved.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING