Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Brave Hart's Avatar

Staple unit 10512

Hi every body

Thanks for the input regarding the dev unit of mine that spills dev, told you all replacing is no option!!! Client a cheap ass and won’t pay.

This damn machine is falling apart. Or i am just gettin told old for this job.
    Now I have a staple unit that just keeps saying replace staples!!!
    I have stripped it down, cleaned it a couple of times but still it won’t work! Tried new staple cartridge still nothing! What can go wrong with the damn thing except for a motor a sensor there is nothing else I can see! I am now starting to think it might be the loom!!! and cuting that open i am not looking forward to.

Any suggestions?

This client is the worse you can find!!!! A damn ex copier tech!!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    As an ex copier tech your customer should know that parts require replacing if refurbishment won't work.

With regard to the staple head, it sounds like it has given up the ghost and requires, again, a new one to resolve the fault.

Sounds like you basically need to say to this customer something along the lines of either he pays for the parts the machine requires or you won't come to repair it anymore. Customers like this need telling straight sometimes.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Yeah I feel like telling him a couple of other things along the line to that might be to straight for he’s likings!

Can you not get one of those flamethrower things that come out of the side of your car, roll the machine up to the side of it and torch the bastard?

That'd be a youtube moment.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Hi guys, just to let you know it was a damn broken wire in the middle of the loom. Heavens knows how it broke there.
    The only thing now it won’t staple at the top corner of the page if I select slant stappeling. It staples half way down the side.
    But I gave up and told the client to use normal staple or upgrade the machine.7 copies million in two year has taken its toll on the machine.

Here is my conclusion to this damn machine.
    I think we should start a international smash a crap machine day and post it on YouTube, that way we can all have the satisfaction of seen what machines we hate getting destroyed and release some of your stress.

Do I hear a Hell yeah?
    What? HuH?

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Hart View Post
    Hi guys, just to let you know it was a damn broken wire in the middle of the loom. Heavens knows how it broke there.
    The only thing now it won’t staple at the top corner of the page if I select slant stappeling. It staples half way down the side.
    But I gave up and told the client to use normal staple or upgrade the machine.7 copies million in two year has taken its toll on the machine.

Here is my conclusion to this damn machine.
    I think we should start a international smash a crap machine day and post it on YouTube, that way we can all have the satisfaction of seen what machines we hate getting destroyed and release some of your stress.

Do I hear a Hell yeah?
    I can't yell Hell Yeah loud enough for you to hear it in SA, but the neighbours 4 streets away just did.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    HELL YEAH, Think my Town just heard that! And Did I miss the Model of the machine?? 2mill in 2 years? what Model??

Ricoh's model is the 2105, Brave was using the Gestetner model number.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    B071DigitalAficio 2105 10512 4105 LD0105

Never heard of it. Hmm

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Staple unit 10512

Under 100k per month on a 105ppm machine is an insult, and probably why you're having problems with it. The Katana's DO NOT like to sit - they love being rode hard and put up wet.

Example: I have a B234 (the next generation, but still very similar) that ran over 1.5 Million during a very busy month. I PM'd it 3 times, but that was it. (it was actually averaging about 650k between service calls on a 500k pm schedule) A few months later the customer's business was mostly press work for a month or so, and I did 4 calls averaging about 40k for oddball problems.

The older machines don't do quite as well, but I used to get 7 - 10Mil before I started seeing any sort of odd problems.

BTW - The stapler harness is a know problem on those. Some sort of problem during assembly at the factory. Sorry I didn't see your post sooner...
    73 DE W5SSJ