Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts neergish's Avatar
    A little bit to the left of the centre of the known universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonezy999 View Post
    just a quick one, for Australia, is the proceedure for this mod the same as the US or UK? Or neither?
    It would be the same in Australia as it is in the UK.

It is a interesting question as the PCU part numbers are the same across the regions. Perhaps it might have something to do with the mains power being different. 220-240v in UK, Australia, 100-127v in the US but then again there wouldn't be more than 5v running through those wires would there?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Think you better try it out yourself to make sure, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with power in the electric grid... in EU we use 220 volts but in the US they use 110 volts. At least I think that's why.
    Peace sells, but who's buying?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    hehe simultanious posts
    Peace sells, but who's buying?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    You can also use the printer version spc820 for mpc2800/3300 - 4000/5000 black Printer version just swap td sensor and colour ones swapp first two wires and file both sides of the connector and replace the td sensor from the old dev unit

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts
    How to use black drum as color drum for MPC28/33/40/5000

i think you will find these units are now having the connector on the back of the pcu glued in place instead of screwed. not easy to swap looms over anymore and although the mod does work, if you get it slightly wrong, then say goodbye to the female block in the rear of the machine. these connectors can not be bought so it is a whole new gear box and big job to replace. no warranty claim for this damage either so to some the risk may not be worth it.

Technician
    I have SPC820DN that displays SC582. I have replace the IOB yet the problem is not solved. Has any body any idea on how to solve this problem? Your urgent contribution will be highly appreciated. I also want to know if i can enter SP Mode on same machine.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

IH inverter current is not high enough at power on. Could be the IH inverter or the coil or the fuser unit.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

has anyone tried c2050/c2550 black drum for color? I know we checked it out the last time we had one in the shop but can't remember what we came up with...
    Thanks
    -c

E Winter
    Quote Originally Posted by collme View Post
    i think you will find these units are now having the connector on the back of the pcu glued in place instead of screwed. not easy to swap looms over anymore and although the mod does work, if you get it slightly wrong, then say goodbye to the female block in the rear of the machine. these connectors can not be bought so it is a whole new gear box and big job to replace. no warranty claim for this damage either so to some the risk may not be worth it.
    I think this mod is idiot proof and with that glue even more easy to perform since I never swapped the whole connector. I just use a sharp cutter to remove the edge. We're preparing the units in the shop and of course it make sense to remove a little more plastic than it's necessary just to be shure. So far there was no broken female connector in a machine after performing this mod probably ~300 times. The money saving would probably cover the expenses for many broken connectors though.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

It s not the cost of the connector, Jan. Its the labor involved in replacing the main frame that contains the connector. I had to do it once and that was enough. The plus side of it is I have some female connectors to try on the modded units to see if I have cut enough away.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+