Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    E Winter
    Of course I've included a day of work in what I've called "expenses"^^

Yeah I don't need that mess as a daily job as well but I still don't see any danger in the "risk/money saving" ratio to think this mod is like russian roulette.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    We just tried to do the mod on the Lanier 528c/533c same as Ricoh mpc2800/3300, by slicing of the corner on the black pcu. This did not work, we ended up changing the whole harnes and it does'nt really stay attached very well because of the hole size. Do we need to change wires around in the harness for this to work? We have done the mod on other models with no problems and it saves a lot off money.

Cameron

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    How to use black drum as color drum for MPC28/33/40/5000

On that model you also have to switch pins 1 and 2 on the harness. Do a search here, there is a PDF explaining the whole thing.

As a matter of fact, its on the initial post of this thread.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks, Jomama46
    I did see that but was'nt sure if this was the model.

Cameron

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by largo View Post
    on the mpc2500 series you can cut off the corner

on the mpc4000 series you must change the conector with the harness ( because cable is twisted)
    just remove 2 screws on the bottom to remove the charge unit
    Doesn't anyone bother to read the initial post that started this thread?
    Peace sells, but who's buying?

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    On that model you also have to switch pins 1 and 2 on the harness. Do a search here, there is a PDF explaining the whole thing.

As a matter of fact, its on the initial post of this thread.
    There is a company that makes an adapter plug for this drum so you don't have to switch the wires...just plug it in and it has already switched them over so you don't have to mod the drum connector. I can post it if anybody is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ucinn View Post
    There is a company that makes an adapter plug for this drum so you don't have to switch the wires...just plug it in and it has already switched them over so you don't have to mod the drum connector. I can post it if anybody is interested.
    Why buy a adapter when it takes 10 sec to switch....just wonder

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    How to use black drum as color drum for MPC28/33/40/5000

Quote Originally Posted by ucinn View Post
    I'd like to see the link, is it the receptacle that the pcu engages (bad) or an interface where the harness connects to the IOB (good) that would switch over the connections? If it's the latter, the only thing would be to make sure that anyone servicing it would see a nice, clear and permanently affixed notice when they drop open the pcu cover that indicates to only use BK pcu's with a double notched connector but do not switch the wires.

I can only see a mod to the mfp being useful in controlled environments that the entire service department is aware of the changes (and then kept on the downlow from corporate). An adapter where the master harness connects to the IOB would be ideal in that it can easily be removed if the device is returned/resold.
    Last edited by teebee1234; 12-10-2010 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    I'd like to see the link, is it the receptacle that the pcu engages (bad) or an interface where the harness connects to the IOB (good) that would switch over the connections? If it's the latter, the only thing would be to make sure that anyone servicing it would see a nice, clear and permanently affixed notice when they drop open the pcu cover that indicates to only use BK pcu's with a double notched connector but do not switch the wires.

I can only see a mod to the mfp being useful in controlled environments that the entire service department is aware of the changes (and then kept on the downlow from corporate). An adapter where the master harness connects to the IOB would be ideal in that it can easily be removed if the device is returned/resold.
    one end connects to the drum connector, the other end connects to the developer unit connector, so when you go to replace the drum and remove the front cover of the pcu assy, you will see it and know if it's using a black drum instead of color. I'll have to post it later, it's out in my van.

here is the web site with instructions and part#

http://natrading.com/catalog/asp_pag...tions.NEW..pdf