Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
    Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: How to use black drum as color drum for MPC28/33/40/5000

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Hey guys, guess what? The MPC3002 / 3502 / 4502 / 5502 will be launched in March - new drums, devs, ITB cleaning unit and completely unique fuser. Joy.
    I'm sure we'll find ways around that...

I saw it was mentioned that the Savin CLP340D (Ricoh SPC820) drums can be used in some of the copiers with some modification.

Is the copier model the Savin C4040/C5050? (Ricoh MPC4000, MPC5000)

Also, sounds like the dev. unit section of the drums for the CLP340 can not be used in the copiers?

Technician

Red face Re: How to use black drum as color drum for MPC28/33/40/5000

Today, I have used black drum as replace for color drum in my Ricoh MPC2800. Swapped the wires, cut out a corner of the connector as in original, and now all works as a charm. Thank You good people, for useful instructions. You helped to save me a huge pile of money, especially when I don't have very much. Recently I heard a rumor from my technician, that in new Ricoh MP series, Ricoh build their printing devices, with only one type of drums for all CMYK colors. I don't researched this info to confirm, but I think it is good thing if it's true. So PEOPLE, it's working fine, and I have done a replacement very fast. It's quite easy to do, with some precautions.
    Last edited by mywebnet; 03-20-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You're welcome

We've been using this method for years now, and adapted it to newer models too. It's true Ricoh has changed the prerequisities a number of times with the model changes, and also they've updated the older drums and such. Usually it's just a matter of looking closely at the two drums to see what you need to modify. Not too hard if you're a tech. Saves a pile of money too. A big pile.

Good luck in the future!
    Peace sells, but who's buying?

in these models i never used a black drum as a colour drum yet but thanks in advance eheh, but in mpc 2500/3500/4500 i often have to do this and the only thing that i do is grind de connector and works great. should i be swipe the cables as well ? or for these models the unique thing to do is grind the connector ?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    How to use black drum as color drum for MPC28/33/40/5000

Quote Originally Posted by aiam View Post
    in these models i never used a black drum as a colour drum yet but thanks in advance eheh, but in mpc 2500/3500/4500 i often have to do this and the only thing that i do is grind de connector and works great. should i be swipe the cables as well ? or for these models the unique thing to do is grind the connector ?
    There are 12 pages of replies to this thread. Look through them.
    There's a wealth of info on this!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by aiam View Post

I researched a lot info about this models on the Forum, and can surely say, that MPC2500/3500/4500 does not need wires to be swapped. It's easy to check with multimeter. For me, I double checked the connectors, how they wires on the drum unit with multimeter (for color and black), and then I was sure for 100%, that for my black drum unit it's necessary to swap wires.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal Son View Post
    Hello folks,

I don't know if this has been covered before, just thought I'd share what I've just tried successfully. Ricoh have made these drums a bit trickier to rebuild, comparing to the MPC3000 drums, so it's almost impossible to swap the cable harness as a whole.

The first thing you need to do is shift two cables, since the black drum has the two crossed (as you can see in the picture) and the color drum has them straight. Just lift the plastic stopper (1) and pull the cables (2). Just change their places.

404 Not Found

Second thing is that the RJ45-alike connector on the back of the drum (the end that goes into the machine) is different as well. On the black drum the right side is cornered, but on the color drum it's the opposite. Just grind the left side down, but be careful so you don't brake the connector.

404 Not Found

Well that's it guys, hope it's useful!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal Son View Post
    Hello folks,

I don't know if this has been covered before, just thought I'd share what I've just tried successfully. Ricoh have made these drums a bit trickier to rebuild, comparing to the MPC3000 drums, so it's almost impossible to swap the cable harness as a whole.

The first thing you need to do is shift two cables, since the black drum has the two crossed (as you can see in the picture) and the color drum has them straight. Just lift the plastic stopper (1) and pull the cables (2). Just change their places.

404 Not Found

Second thing is that the RJ45-alike connector on the back of the drum (the end that goes into the machine) is different as well. On the black drum the right side is cornered, but on the color drum it's the opposite. Just grind the left side down, but be careful so you don't brake the connector.

404 Not Found

Well that's it guys, hope it's useful!
    Thanks for the info
    Live for yourself and you will live in vain. Live for others, and you will live again