Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field service tech. 100+ Posts Froota's Avatar

development unit mpc2800 unstable?

Hey,

What's wrong with the development units of the mpc2800?
    We have a lot of units from new machines that are given stripes.
    It's not something that blocks the developer but just the roller that is not attracting enough developer.

Most in the color units......anyone the same thought?

regards,
    Froota

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Yes, definitely. I have the exact same problem with our demo machine. It's useless... Both the cyan and magenta developer units produce lines, and sometimes the yellow one as well. It's no color lines, it's missing color lines so to speak, as you say the dev roller doesn't attract enough developer.

I've checked the developer as well and there are lumps in it. You can crush the lumps and try again with good result for about 10 copies then it's same old again. I even tried using the developer for the MPC20/25/3000 machines, but that result was even worse. Worth a try though...

I've spoken to our support about this and they recommended changing out the developer units at fault. I've ordered them and will claim guarantee if it solves the problem.

Strange thing is, we've got another MPC2800 at a customers who print like friggin' crazy and that machine is fantastic quality-wise. Guess these machines are made to handle quite a load and when they're not used enough problems like these arise... just a guess.
    Peace sells, but who's buying?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Same thing here, and not only MPC2800. Replaced the black DV-Unit of an MPC4000 twice in a few months because of white lines in black solid areas. Also replaced the magenta and cyan DV-unit of our showroom MPC2800.

Looks like if the machines aren't printing a lot of color, toner clumbs appear in the units.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Try decreasing the value of SP3251-028 - developer agitation. It might sort your problem out of the developer is agitated on a more regular basis.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Brave Hart's Avatar
    Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Brave Hart's Avatar
    Damn mouse !!!!!!!

Must be a weather condition, I have no problems like that here! Or at least not yet thanks for INFO!!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    It seems that this is a known problem because the first bulletin for this model is about this problem.
    The strange thing is that the problem happens only in new machines and if you replace the developer(not the unit) then problem is solved for ever.

May be a contaminated patch of developer used at production?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    development unit mpc2800 unstable?

Quote Originally Posted by limo View Post
    It seems that this is a known problem because the first bulletin for this model is about this problem.
    The strange thing is that the problem happens only in new machines and if you replace the developer(not the unit) then problem is solved for ever.

May be a contaminated patch of developer used at production?
    I have run into the same problem with a black dev unit on a new MPC 3000. I also found clumps in the developer causing the problem. After a developer change all was well.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    I picked out the doctor blade gap obstructions and they were like clumps of fine sponge. I think its dodgy dev.