Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    khizrs

MPC 2800 Authentication

I am trying to configure my printer to disable anyone from colour printing and scanning.

I have figured out how to disable the menu options, when you try to use them menu it asks for a code, I have figured out how to set that.

I have worked out how to disable printing, in the drive you have to enter the code you assigned in the address book.

Now is there any way to make it so that the user can print in colour, but when it arrives at the printer, it can only be relesased once the code is entered?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    So you want them to be able to print in color, but NOT have it Print Until they walk up to the machine?

Sounds like you have user Codes Tracking if they Print and if its B&W or Color.

If you want someone to have to walk up to a machine to make it print their print job in the driver select Locked Job and Have the ID be their name and Password be their User Code.

Then When it prints it will go to the copier, and sit there for 3 days (default)
    they walk to copier. Select Print, Print Job, Locked Jobs and there will be the list of Jobs in Que. They select their job , enter their Password that they entered in the Print Driver and it will print.

They can change this password at any time so it doesn't have to be their user code, if you don't want them changing it or Using the NORMAL Print Option you are looking at using the Default Editor from Ricoh to lock out print options and set other options to default.

khizrs
    Hmm,

not quite,

I don't want them to be able to print in colour unless someone in authority goes and punches in a code for them to print their color doc out.

Would require you Using Default Editor to Set the Driver to Popup a User Code Box Each time they print. Let them know only the B&W Code. When they want to print Color, you would have to come enter another Code.

You can restrict no color access at all with User Code. So offices had me install the driver 2x. One set to B&W Default, one color, two codes. One allowing only B&W on the B&W driver and one with no limits on the color driver. The employees paid for color if it was over a set limit.

If you are an End User and Not a Savin/Ricoh Dealer you will not have access to the Default Editor Software.
    Last edited by Vulkor; 08-21-2009 at 07:25 PM.

khizrs
    Got it thanks

Also, I at the moment the fax function automatically prints the faxes, is there an option for it to recieve documents and store them as well as print them, same with outgoing faxes.

I will say yes there is more than likely. I've never used it. It would be in one of the Customer Manuals probably. Instead of storing them maybe have them forwarded to a Folder on the Network or an email address that everyone in the company can check.

pravin.kumar

color printing

Hey, multiple solutions are possible depending on whether your NW environment is domain centric or work group based.

If domain centric while config' the driver on the server please use 'set limitations' option in the RPCS driver to color or mono print. Config 1 driver with color print & another with mono print and map the respective driver to the logins. Hope you are on Windows.

Machine authentication can happen with user codes or windows or LDAP.

If work group config driver with limitation individually.