Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MP2550 windows 98

Yeah Yeah. Believe it or not, we still have people here in South Africa using windows 98. One of our cleaver salesman sold a MP2550 to a client without check which OS they are using.

Is there any way to get windows 98 to print on a MP2550. Maybe some old driver from a different driver or something.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    MP2550 windows 98

Try the HP 4 PCL

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP2550 windows 98

Use the HP4 driver - you won't have control over the drawers, but it will print. Most Ricoh machines are PCL5, so the HP4 printer will work - it's the specific PJL commands for the trays and finishing options that will be missing.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Tech 100+ Posts johnny32's Avatar

mp2550 98 printer driver

you can download the win 9x printer driver for th mp2550 from www.nrgcss.com under nashuatec drivers and downloads, mulifunction black and white machines and select the mp2550

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Yep to all above. Fun thing is Gettiing a Color machine to print under Win98. I eventualy found an old Savin C2408 Win98 driver that worked for the C2020 for a Win98 color.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny32 View Post
    you can download the win 9x printer driver for th mp2550 from www.nrgcss.com under nashuatec drivers and downloads, mulifunction black and white machines and select the mp2550
    Thanks

Wonder why ricoh-support does not have the driver.

Since 1995 Ricoh has embarked on an ambitious strategy to increase its global distribution network. The Ricoh Group brands now comprise of Gestetner, Rex-Rotary, Nashuatec, Savin, Lanier and Infotec, with each brand having its own particular area of competence and customer base. The Ricoh Group currently enjoys No.1 market share in Europe and the USA.

Parents Company
    Ricoh
    the offspring
    Savin/Lanier

Quit Supporting Win98 a bit after Microsoft did. When Microsoft stops it so do they.

However Gestetner, Rex-Rotary, Nashuatec, and Infotec may still have older drivers. I dunno. Maybe They are not Mainly US? US pushes newest Tech a lot so Win98 is old beans.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Have the customer install Smart Device Montior for Client and allow it to do a search for the machine. From there it should allow you to at least create a port for TCP/IP printing.
    Old LaserJet drivers will work, though you can try and see if a newer driver will work with the Smart Device Monitor port, or if it just runs. It's been about a year and a half since I set a Win98 box to print so I can't remember what exactly I did for the driver portion.

Its Very Rare I see a Win98 PC. Usually its so poor in shape it won't let a driver install lol.

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    Have the customer install Smart Device Montior for Client and allow it to do a search for the machine. From there it should allow you to at least create a port for TCP/IP printing.
    Old LaserJet drivers will work, though you can try and see if a newer driver will work with the Smart Device Monitor port, or if it just runs. It's been about a year and a half since I set a Win98 box to print so I can't remember what exactly I did for the driver portion.
    X2: youŽll need smart device monitor to add a TCP ip port on Win98 second edition. And no need to say Johnny32 is right there are still drivers for 98 and ME ooooohhhh Me one of Microsofts best OSes, hehehe
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound