Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Smile Ran into this before

The "HD is required" will appear if any of the hardware required for scanning is not present. I ran into this before. The machine required a Format Converter Board to scan. Basically, that board coverts the raw image data into a "computer Friendly" format. As far as I can tell, the scan function uses the board to relay info to the HD, thus if there is no board, it doesn't see the drive.

Not all models require this board to scan, but most require it to retrieve files in a useful format (like PDF)

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Scanning function on DSc332

Interesting, I know what you're saying. This machine has a file format converter as an option but afaik it was never installed. checking the install procedure, there are no bit to change for the install, just slipping the board in.
    Thanks for the reply

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Scanning function on DSc332

Damnit!! Going thru the Lists again I found this. @ SP5871 "HDD disable- disables the HDD functions by suppressing all functions that write data to the HDD....Note: This SP is intended for used during the installation of the security DIMM an option that is not yet available"
    I musta been over that list 10 times and never saw it. But after Scott and Paper Paths posts, I just had a hunch I had over looked it.So I checked the SMCs I had printed and BAM there it was and the MF was ON.
    Of course, I have already sent that CS off to be repaired.
    I sent an email to them explaining what I thought needed to be done. I know they will charge me a fee, but at least they wont waste all the time I did!

So there you go.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Amazing how did that SP even get changed??