Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 3245 sc-542

I had problems with one of these in a huge freezer warehouse - had it right next to the hamburger patties and frozen veggies. Had to tell the sales people"of course it codes out every morning in there and the icicles don't help either."

I'll back the "too cold at startup" theory, assuming it is cold in there at startup. I'll also back the heat roller - seen a few non-oem rollers cause problems.

I've also seen a few techs use the pressure roller for an AF450. Slight mod so they can carry fewer parts, but that's a solid rubber roller, and this machine uses foam to increase the nip band. Takes longer to warm up the solid roller, and makes the machine more likely to code.

It may also help to take the 0085 and 0086 thermistors out and use the 0108 and 0109's from the MP6000
    73 DE W5SSJ

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    450 pressure roller in a colour machine? I don't think so!
    You must be talking about a 3045.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar
    Machine is located at a copy shop, wich is not ventillated very well, but there is no air condition installed! It was a second thought after fuser unit replacement, without success. I also checked fuser exhaust fun if it works properly.
    Fuser rollers are OEM.
    Today i cheated (bypass) interlocks and i observed that heaters switch on for a while-about five seconds-and then code 542 appears.
    Next step-before swapping boards, is to look closer to what 'turbojetboy' from Australia suggests about fuser drive clutch.(M/c has already 300k clicks). I think it's interesting..,out of usuals, what do you think about that???
    Thanks a lot for your replies...(XLarge community!!!)

Ricoh 3245 sc-542

Quote Originally Posted by zyqwiz View Post
    450 pressure roller in a colour machine? I don't think so!
    You must be talking about a 3045.
    Oops... That's exactly what I thought we were talking about.

Well, If this ever happens on AF3045 you have some extra tips.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar
    Please let us know if the clutch solves the problem. We have had 3 cases of this now - all fixed by clutch replacement.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar
    Two days with successful warm up cycle, without any code (542).
    What i did is spraying to the clutch with Philips contact cleaner (the blue can). Then i switched on machine and it works great...
    Using that spray on clutches i have a lot of success to verify if a clutch is really defect. Sometimes it lasts for a long period.
    I didn't replace it yet, because it belongs to the whole BK drive unit and it is so expensive for the customer! But if i have to do that, i will.
    Many thanks for your interest to all of you, especially to dear 'turbojetboy' and his specific helpfull advice!
    Nice to see you posting again 'turborjetboy', many greetings to Australia!!!

ADRIANL

workshop manager gestetner mutswako

hi after reading all the threads and laughing at some of them especially the get the salesman to sell them another m/c. I just shake my head,its scary whats out there servicing this equipment,anyway here goes weather getting slightly colder in your side of the world the hot roller is ice cold 1st thing in the morning,sw off the sleep mode during the winter months only, problem will disapear think about it! Whats warm up time on that model?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Brave Hart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRIANL View Post
    hi after reading all the threads and laughing at some of them especially the get the salesman to sell them another m/c. I just shake my head,its scary whats out there servicing this equipment,anyway here goes weather getting slightly colder in your side of the world the hot roller is ice cold 1st thing in the morning,sw off the sleep mode during the winter months only, problem will disapear think about it! Whats warm up time on that model?
    Worhsop Mnanagers?

Damn it amazes me they are always so quick with sarcasm but yet so slow with solutions.

Think about it! 20 machines in a short distance from each other and only 1 with the problem, they all are switched off during the night so cold start should affect them all if the weather were the cause SC 542 first thing in the morning.

I took that machine that I had upgraded and tried replacing the clutch, it works! So thank you for all the suggestions.

What is even more scarier is the level of our so called Superiors out there! And the that they are so proud to always make a piont of saying they are a Manager of some sort.

Field Service Tech !
    What? HuH?

Technician
    Replaced clutch and works fine!
    Thanx for the helping sort this headache out!

Ricoh 3245 sc-542

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Hart View Post
    Damn it amazes me they are always so quick with sarcasm but yet so slow with solutions.
    Which is why I wish people would be more active, careful, and truthful giving out rep points - it would be nice when you get several solutions to look at the person's rep power and be able to assume the best answer probably comes from the highest reputation, which is not necessarily the person with the most posts (some of us just can't shut up)

BTW - I gotta remember this clutch scenario - who would have figured a clutch would be involved in a heating problem.
    73 DE W5SSJ