Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    New brackets are available. You will found them in one of the bulletins for D062 but are good for all series starting with B140.
    Right now they are back ordered in Canada and USA.

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle731 View Post
    I tweaked the connectors on the front and rear side of the lamps. From the factory they are a bit loose. When I was testing them, I cheated the door and then wiggled the connectors and I would get codes. It seemed to help out my issue.

I work for Metro Sales Inc out of Owatonna. I currently live in Albert Lea, however. How is business up in the cities?
    I will have to check the connectors too I have just been turning off auto power off and that seems to fix it but I suppose I will end up with flat pressure rollers.

My area has always been slower because I don't have many 35 ppm machines I can always find things to do though. I think there has been less emergency calls in general. Are you guys busy ?

kyle731
    It is definitely picking up here in the past few weeks.

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle731 View Post
    I had a MP6000 which burned me many times with this code. My solution worked and I haven't been back to that machine since (knock on wood).

Step 1:

Check the lamp connectors (females specifically). From the factory they split and are not making good connection. I took my tweaker and pinched them so they were tighter. Depending on which lamp connectors are loose, you will get either 555 (fror the one lamp) or 546 codes ( for the other lamps). When I cheated the front door and would play with the lamp connectors I could get the machine to pop those codes, that is how i knew those connectors were an issue.

Step 2:

Per Ricoh, disable the 'panel off timer':

1) User tools
    2) System Settings
    3) Timer settings
    4) Panel off timer, turn to off.

Let me know if this works for you, because I worked diligently and it seemed to work for me.

We had a MP7000 that was throwing SC555's. A tech was at this account at least 3 times a month. We did all the updates, replaced thermistors,disabled AOF, etc. No luck. Replaced fusing assembly, wiring harness (pain in the @$$), and the power supply. Problem came back. I had my tech disable the 'panel off timer' and haven't heard from the customer in over a month.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Our RTM told me today that there would be new firmware released in a week or so to address the fuser codes. Hopefully this finally resolves this issue.
    Come on Fulham!

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar

Cool

New brackets released are good for nothing....In all the accounts installed the number of calls increased SC 542 and SC 545 looks to be in the top 3. It looks like the new brackets are like a magnet for paper dust/toner mix.
    In this thermistors/thermostats issue are to many variables and in my opinion it's not just only one solution for our problems. Sometimes you can fix it just replacing the thermistors...sometimes just forcing the fuser to idle way longer than usual....(this one is actually the best) cause it's cleaning the thermistor from debris.
    When you are out of solutions after replacing the thermistors, thermostats...checking the lamps connectors, fuser harness, try to increase the idling time SP 1103-01, 02, to 60 sec and 3 to 120 sec. If still no results try to turn off AOF and also turn the Panel timer off...