Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    We have the same problem with a MP7500 - we go there every morning as soon as they open to clear the code then it runs good all day. Its around 3am every night when the error occurs.

First we replaced all thermisters and thermostats with the correct P/N's. Then we used the modified P/Ns. Then we found out about the modded brackets - that have a 2 month back order.....

Cause its happening around 3am its gotta be the cold or something causing it so thinking im gonna put the machine on one of those timers to turn off at 9pm and turn on at 7am.

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zyqwiz View Post
    Someone mentioned modified thermistor brackets. I've just had the latest technical DVDs and there is no mention of them but they are available on the online ordering system in the UK!
    I've just found a mention of the new brackets on the Tier 2 knowledgebase - search for RD062023.
    The numbers are D0624197 (middle) & D0624196 (rear)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    We've received the new brackets and are starting to replace them as needed. I've had one Tech say that the new one looked the same as the old one, but he was on a new machine, possibly a MP6001. I've asked the other Techs to keep me informed.

On a slightly related note, there is a new bulletin (D062-003) just out on new retaining rings and HR bushings for the MP6001 series which I believe would go all the way back through the series. We've had lots of trouble with the retaining clip coming out of position allowing the HR bushing and bearing to move out and then the HR moves out of position.

Old # for ring B1404172, new # D0544175
    Old # for bushing AE032026, new # AE032033
    Come on Fulham!

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    It made me laugh when they bought out a bulletin on the 22/27 cpm machines for the hard of thinking, to tell them which way round to put the heat roller clips on!

kyle731

Cool Solution to SC555

I had a MP6000 which burned me many times with this code. My solution worked and I haven't been back to that machine since (knock on wood).

Step 1:

Check the lamp connectors (females specifically). From the factory they split and are not making good connection. I took my tweaker and pinched them so they were tighter. Depending on which lamp connectors are loose, you will get either 555 (fror the one lamp) or 546 codes ( for the other lamps). When I cheated the front door and would play with the lamp connectors I could get the machine to pop those codes, that is how i knew those connectors were an issue.

Step 2:

Per Ricoh, disable the 'panel off timer':

1) User tools
    2) System Settings
    3) Timer settings
    4) Panel off timer, turn to off.

Let me know if this works for you, because I worked diligently and it seemed to work for me.

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    Are you tweaking the connectors on the front or the rear side of the fuser ? I will have to try the panel off timer off thing I didn't think you could turn it off totally.

So who do you work for in Albert Lee ? Ikon ? I am with Ricoh in Minneapolis.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    We had allot of problems with this at one time. I found that the rear thermistor, mount would get out of position. Especially if was not used frequently. Heating and cooling causing bracket to move away from roller. My solution was to bend bracket until one piece of paper would firmly slide from under thermistor. Hope it helps

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar

Just thought I might throw another idea in the mix.

Do any of the machines giving this code have ESA transformer or Enhanced Locked print installed on them. I have heard of an older version of ESA transformer client causing fuser codes. A newer version fixed the issue. A long shot but something to consider.

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Lewis View Post
    I've got about 12 of these at a govt installation. I was getting one or two calls a month for SC555's. I finally decided to try some t/s on one that was throwing the code every two or three days. I changed the AOF to off and the problem stopped. Went back a couple weeks later to turn it back on with the expectation that I would start getting the codes again. Hasn't come back since.

Go ahead and laugh. I just figured there was no way in hell that every one of those machines had bad thermistors. They all made the cutoff for the newer version thermistor.

I think there is a power/firmware issue going on here.
    Nobody will laugh...AOF is a key for many problems related to fuser codes and not only. I had one weird jamming problem on a 4000 SP caused by damp paper (problem debated on this forum) and the fix was as simple as turning AOF off. Is still off since than I believe me or not I never received a call from the customer in months.

kyle731
    I tweaked the connectors on the front and rear side of the lamps. From the factory they are a bit loose. When I was testing them, I cheated the door and then wiggled the connectors and I would get codes. It seemed to help out my issue.

I work for Metro Sales Inc out of Owatonna. I currently live in Albert Lea, however. How is business up in the cities?