Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

ricoh mp6000 sc555

who'd have thought a brand new machine would give me this much trouble? this code pops up about once a week. i replaced the center thermistor(it was all i had)no help. i have since gotten in a set of the two thermistors and am going to head out to put them in. is there anything else i should be looking for? pulling what little hair i have left out on this one. any help is appreciated!!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Had this one on an MP6500. At first I replaced the 2 thermistors. Worked for a few days. Then I also replaced the thermostats and then it worked OK.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I have a customer large insurance company who has several of these and I was having the same problem on one machine i was finally given the go ahead to replace the entire fusing unit.

but on the others including the the mp7500 all I did was changed all thermistors,thermostats and lowered the fusing temperature on all the machines I swear I have not had a problem since then it's been 4 months

They bought these machines and ran them all day long doing prints so the machine would barely maintain that high temperature.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh mp6000 sc555

Bad Thermistors or sometimes thermostats are the usual culprit.

I had a machine where the latch for the fuser section didn't pull it in to the machine tight enough.

Sometimes the thermistor gets bent away from the UHR a little.

I've seen harness problems on other machines cause SC codes plenty of times, but it seems to be extremely rare on these.

I guess the biggest cause for me is bad power. I have several of these in older buildings and govt accounts where we know the wiring was done on the cheap, and we end up resetting 2 or 3 a week where the fuser is in pristine condition. I left a power monitor on one of these for a week, and the fault list scared people. We tried to talk the customer into putting power conditioners on the machine, but they didn't like the price tag.

Even accounts with decent power a good thunderstorm can set off 2 or 3 of them.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    We have had several of these do this and we've been replacin the thermostats (all 3) and have not been back to any of them since. been 3 months on 2 of them.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    I've got about 12 of these at a govt installation. I was getting one or two calls a month for SC555's. I finally decided to try some t/s on one that was throwing the code every two or three days. I changed the AOF to off and the problem stopped. Went back a couple weeks later to turn it back on with the expectation that I would start getting the codes again. Hasn't come back since.

Go ahead and laugh. I just figured there was no way in hell that every one of those machines had bad thermistors. They all made the cutoff for the newer version thermistor.

I think there is a power/firmware issue going on here.

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    I agree turning AOF off helps. I have done that too. It seems like many times the code comes up the first time they try and use the machine that day and it has to power up. I haven't tried turning it back on if it's working I'm not changing anything

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar
    I had this on several 2060s - check that none of the wires are trapped by the cable tidy clip things under the top fuser cover which you remove to get access to the thermistors.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Brave Hart's Avatar
    It is important to Install all three new thermostats
    together as a set.
    There is a bulletin out on SC 555 chech it out RTB21 RB246021

Old part number New part number

AW110040
    AW110064 Thermostat:192C x2
    AW110052
    AW110066 Thermostat:211C x1

What? HuH?

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    Someone mentioned modified thermistor brackets. I've just had the latest technical DVDs and there is no mention of them but they are available on the online ordering system in the UK!